Chapter 2

I was sitting by myself in our section. Imani, Roy, and Luke had all run off to go flirt with whoever they could find. I just watched the people around me. Well I was listening to their conversations. They were quite entertaining. Humans always have so much to say, so I had a lot of listening options to choose from.

"Please stop staring at people." Kehlani said coming into the section.

"I am not staring." I said.

Victoria Monet came into the section behind her.

"I thought you said no one was in here, Lani." Victoria complained.

"Like as if I'm gonna care you two are together." I said.

"I care that you're in this section. Get out." Victoria said.

"Get out? I was here first." I said.

"Motherfucker, get out." Victoria said pursing her lips together.

"No." I said.

I could feel her trying to get in my head.

"Goddamnit." She said once she realized I was on to her.

"You can't penetrate this mind." I smiled.

"Get out, please?" She tried.

"I don't have anywhere else to go. My friends are gone. I'm alone." I said.

"How about you go to my section? My friend, Ariana, is by herself cause I'm pretty sure Roy is talking to another one of my friends. She's in for a rude awakening when he can't fuck her." Victoria said.

"You're here with humans?" I asked.

"Don't you give me that look." She said.

I raised my hands in defense.

"I just asked." I said.

"Sorry that I was human once and enjoy being with them." Victoria said.

"Why do y'all always fight?" Kehlani groaned.

"Because she annoys me so badly." Victoria said.

"Since I annoy you so badly, when you wanna do the forgetting spell on the World, don't call me." I said.

"Now that's not fair." She said.

"Nah that's fair since I'm annoying. I bet it will be real annoying in two hundred years when you have to explain to the world why you've been alive the whole time." I said.

"Go fuck yourself." Victoria said.

"I'm sure your human friends will wonder why they haven't met you in Hell yet." I said.

"Y/N, just get out." Kehlani said.

I shrugged and got up.

"And bitch don't play with me cause I'll need that spell in about seventy years." Victoria said.

I walked out of the section and looked around. There was a lot going on. I started listening to a couple argue over if the guy was fucking their nanny as I walked to the bar. News flash: he was.

I felt someone bump into me and their drink spilled on both of us.

"I'm so sorry." I said walking over to the bar.

I grabbed a bunch of napkins and dabbed my shirt. I walked back over to the shadowy figure turned away from me.

"Hey, I'm really sorry. I didn't see you. I wasn't paying attention." I said.

The woman looked up at me, and I felt the room stop. Like the thoughts in my head stopped for the first time in what felt like forever. It was like she was the only thing in my head, but I didn't mind because she was perfect. She was absolutely perfect.