Chapter 38

"Baby, are you feeling okay today? You seem out of it." Ariana said through the phone.

She was in New York for the album release party and promotion. Tonight she was gonna be on Jimmy Fallon. She was actually in her dressing room while she talked to me. It was our second day apart, and we were both missing each other.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I'm just a little tired." I lied.

I had been sick all day. I couldn't stop throwing up, I had a fever, and I had the worst headache. My body wouldn't stop producing white blood cells to fight my normal cells.

"Are you sure? You aren't lying to me, right?" Ariana asked.

"You know I'd never lie to you. When have I ever lied to you?" I smiled.

"I know, I know. I just get nervous." She said.

"I am perfectly fine. I'm sitting here with Roy, Luke, and Imani. We're waiting to see you on TV." I said.

"I wish you could be here." Ariana said.

"I do too, but your mom is there. And Nonna. And Frankie. Have fun with them." I said.

"Okay, baby. Well I have to go. I'm about to go on. I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I said.

I hung up.

"Y'all make me sick." Luke said.

"Shut up. You're just jealous." I said.

"I am very jealous." He nodded.

"Your girl is waiting for you out there." I said.

"You always know what to say." Luke said.

"She's lying." Imani said.

Luke pushed her. She pushed him back. I saw Jimmy Fallon appear on the TV.

"The shows back on!" I said pointing to the TV.

"And my next guess is here promoting her sixth album, positions, everyone please welcome Ariana Grande." Jimmy Fallon said.

The crowd cheered as Ariana walked out on the stage. She was wearing a short lavender dress with black heels. I smiled at the sight of her.

"Damn, Y/N. I can feel your heart beating out of your chest." Imani said.

"Sorry, I can't help it." I said.

Ariana sat down on the couch, and they started doing small talk.

"So I got a chance to hear the album. I love it by the way. But I have to ask because I don't know if you've seen, but everyone wants to know who inspired an album because this is a more vulnerable side of you." Jimmy said.

"Jimmy Fallon got to hear before me?" I asked.

"Um you know, I think all I have to say about that is that I'm the happiest I've ever been, and I am madly in love. I wrote this album from a vulnerable place because the specific emotions I was experiencing while writing were so new to me. But I don't think the person really matters as long as we're both happy." Ariana said.

"Atta girl. Not exposing us. She's real." Roy said.

"She wouldn't ever do that." I said.

"Not to pry of course, but I did notice what is that? An engagement ring on your finger?" Jimmy asked.

The crowd gasped and cheered. Ariana looked down at her hand.

"No, this is not an engagement ring. I got us rings so people would know she was taken." Ariana said.