Chapter 23

"Let it out, baby." Lauren said as she rubbed my back.

I was sobbing to her for the fifth day in a row. It had been five days since I had seen or spoken to Ariana. I tried calling her the first three days, but she blocked my number after the 200th call. I tried going to her house, but I was unable to even get through the gate to her home. I can only assume Ariana got Victoria to get a witch to block me from going near her home.

I tried going to the studio to see Ariana yesterday, but there were bodyguards outside that wouldn't even let me in the building, and I didn't want to do any mind control over them that could make Ariana even more upset.

My routine was wake up, go to work, come back to Lauren's and cry. I hated being home because I never wanted my best friends to see me in such a vulnerable state. However Lauren and the others had known be for much longer, and they had seen me in my worst times.

"Where the lil baby at?" I heard Latto shout.

She entered the living room and gave me sympathetic eyes.

"Hi." I choked out.

"I hate seeing you sad. It bothers me. I'd rather you have no emotions than this shit." She said.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Lauren told me to come get you." Latto said.

I sat up and looked at Lauren.

"I've had you for three days. I need some me time. You not my boo." Lauren said.

"Wow, so you send me to the psychopath?" I asked.

"Bitch, you lucky I even came to get you. Now get in the damn car. We going to the studio." Latto said.

"I don't wanna be around people. Can we go to your house?" I said.

"No. Now get up." Latto said.

I turned to Lauren.

"I'm mad at you." I said.

"Oh you'll forgive me in an hour." Lauren said.

She hugged me, and I moved out of her arms.

"Oh so you wanna be like that? Okay, I gotchu!" Lauren said.

"Yeah, I'm not forgiving you either." I said.

"Come on, damn! I don't have time for this." Latto said.

I walked over to her, and she bucked at me. I flinched and walked out of the house.

———

"You can leave your guard at the door and let me love you for the night." Chloe sang in the booth.

I was laying on the couch while her and Latto worked. They put a blanket over me and told me to go to sleep, but I couldn't sleep thinking about Ariana.

"Y/N, you wanna hear my verse? I know yo ass ain't sleep." Latto said.

"No." I said quietly.

"Stop being grumpy. You gone make me sad." She said.

"I can't help it." I said.

"Y/N, I swear to God. You better get your fucking girlfriend. I don't care if she wanna get back at you, but not with my man!" I heard Jhené say.

I sat up to look at her. Jhené looked pissed off.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'm talking about Sean and Ariana are in the studio together right now." She said.