Chapter 39

I walked into Tiffany and smiled at the security. I walked up to the counter and started to look for a ring.

"Hello, how could I assist you today?" A woman said as she walked up to me.

"Hi, I'm looking for a ring for my girlfriend." I said.

"Engagement?" She asked.

"No. It's more like a promise ring. I just found out what that was today. I'd like the ring to have a lot diamonds. She likes diamonds. And I'd like the center diamond to be round cut." I said.

"I think I have just what you're looking for right over here." She said.

I followed her over to the case.

"I like that one." I said pointing at a ring.

"Good because that's the one I was going to recommend." She smiled.

"How much is it?" I asked.

"Twenty." She said.

"Hundred?" I asked.

"Thousand." She said.

"Oh...I'll take it." I said.

"Okay I can check you out over at my register. Are you sure you don't want to look at any engagement rings while you're here?" She asked.

"No thank you. She'll have more than a diamond when I propose." I said.

"What could be better than diamond?" She asked.

"It's a...long story." I said as I remembered I was with humans.

I paid for the very expensive ring, and she wrapped it up for me. I thanked her and left the Tiffany store. I made sure to put the bag in my underwear to protect the ring.

I took out my phone and saw Joan had texted me the address for the apartment. I had to hold my phone in front of my face to try to see the numbers due to my declining vision. Once I could see them, I started walking in the direction I was supposed to.

About halfway there, I spotted a flower shop across the street. I carefully crossed the road and went inside. I bought Ariana lavender roses. I left the store and went back to walking to Ariana's place.

My phone rang, and I couldn't see who it was. I answered it anyway.

"Hey, Y/N! How are you?" Tom said.

"Gonna be honest, I would not have answered if I knew you were the caller." I said.

"You couldn't see my name?" He asked.

"No, everything is a little blurry right now." I said.

"That's actually why I called you. Zendaya and I are concerned about you. You weren't yourself at the wedding. And you've lost weight. Zendaya said you guys don't normally lose weight." Tom said.

"Yeah...I uh...I never got my powers back after the night at the bar." I said.

"What?!" He shouted.

"I know." I said.

"So you're in a human body still?" He asked.

"Yes, and unfortunately my human body thinks my normal blood is a virus, so my body is deteriorating." I said.

"That doesn't seem good. What's going on? Who's working to fix this? There has to be something done. You can't just sit around and wither away." Tom said.

"Yeah, people are working on it." I said.

Three men came out in front of me. The one on the left pulled a gun out. I groaned loudly.