Chapter 16

It had been two days since seeing Ariana and getting the shit beat out of me. I was bed bound due to the inability to do anything but feel pain. Ariana had texted me a few times, but I didn't even feel like trying to use my phone.

I was currently watching The Big Bang Theory in bed. My bedroom door flew open to reveal a very pissed off Ariana. Roy stood behind her shyly.

"I tried to stop her." He said before walking off.

Ariana shut the door behind her.

"Hey." I said pausing my show.

"Don't 'hey' me, Y/N. You've disappeared for the last two days. That's not like you." She said.

"Sorry." I said.

"Sorry? Not even an 'I am' before that?" Ariana asked.

"Sorry." I said.

"What is your problem? Is it because you walked in on me and Dalton? Because you can't get mad at me because you told me to move on." Ariana said.

I immediately became upset at the memory, and I felt my chest start throbbing. I grabbed my chest and yelled in pain.

"Oh my God. What's wrong?" Ariana asked coming over to me.

I waved her away and pulled my sheets farther up.

"No." I said.

"What? What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"No!" I said.

I felt my chest pain increase. Ariana walked over to me and sat on the bed.

"Y/N, tell me what's wrong." She said.

I pulled my covers down. It was too hard to get a shirt on and off so I didn't have one on. The entire left side of my chest was black and blue. Ariana looked at me and her eyes filled with tears.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Sean." I said.

"What? I thought he was human." Ariana said.

"Not. Any. More." I said.

"Are you able to heal yourself?" She asked.

"Wound. Too. Deep." I said.

"Well is there anything that can help you? Maybe your mom? Or maybe Jhené or any other one of the witches." Ariana asked.

"I. Need. Blood." I said.

"Why can't one of your friends get you some?" She asked.

"Don't. Want. Them. To." I said.

"Y/N, that seems dumb. You're obviously in pain. You need to heal." She said.

"Hey, Ariana. I know you wanna see Y/N, but we really need her to rest right now." Imani said coming in.

Ariana looked between me and her.

"Oh...okay. Well when can I see you, Y/N?" Ariana asked.

"It's been two days already, so it just depends on if we can get her to ingest a little blood." Imani said.

"Please. Just drink the damn stuff. Why don't you want to?" Ariana asked me.

"She's torturing herself because of you and Dalton." Luke said standing in the doorway.

"Is that true?" Ariana asked me.

"No." I said looking away.

"Y/N, look at me." Ariana said turning my head to face her.