Chapter 40

"I'm home!" I said walking through the door.

Roy and Luke both ran over to me.

"What happened? What's wrong with your face? Did Cain find you?" Luke asked.

"No, I was robbed! By some punk New York kids. And no Cain has not found me. And my head feels like somebody is slamming it into a wall over and over again." I said.

"So what's the plan? What was decided? Do we send Ariana to her house with Mother? Is she staying here?" Roy asked.

"She's with Mother at her house. Can you imagine that? My girlfriend can't even be with me. Seems like some bullshit." I said.

"Think of it like this. If Cain comes here for you and finds Ariana, he's gonna go after her." Roy said.

I gasped.

"What if he tries to get to you? Your dad is a human, Roy. What if he fucking attacks you?" I asked.

"Lee is in the guest room. And your dad is in the other guest room. We're good." Roy said.

"You know I will do absolutely anything to protect you." I told Roy.

"You look like you were hit by a car. I don't think there is much you can protect me from." Roy said.

"Uh I think I could protect you from a lot." I said.

"How about we go lay down?" Imani asked me.

"I am really sleepy." I said.

"Maybe you'll produce more brain cells while you're resting. It's pretty obvious you have a few dead ones after that concussion." Luke said.

"Produce this dick, bitch." I said flipping him off.

"Okay, let's get up stairs." Roy said picking me up.

He carried me upstairs to my room. When we got to my room, Roy dropped me on my bed. Luke laid down on the floor.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Somebody has to be on watch duty incase Cain is able to transmutate in here." Luke said.

"Oh okay. Well goodnight!" I said.

"Goodnight, Y/N." He said.

———
Ariana's Point of View

"So um you can sleep in the guest room over there." I said pointing to the room.

"Okay." Mother said.

I walked to the kitchen, and she followed me.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" I asked.

"Water would be nice." She said.

I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and placed it in front of her. I gave her a soft smile.

"How long do you think it'll be...like this?" I asked.

"Well my guess is Cain will be here shortly. A few days at the most. But my mother is working hard with the other physicians to try to get Y/N back to normal as soon as possible." Mother said.

"What if she doesn't get back to normal in time?" I asked.

"Well he's just going to take her." She said.

"Take her where? We can't help?" I asked.

"You cannot do anything. You're a human. But he'll take her somewhere that we won't be able to find her." She said.

My heart fell.

"Then when would she come back?" I asked.

"She would come back when she was able. I don't know when that would be, so do not ask me another question about it." Mother said.