Chapter 21

"God, I hate coming here. Reminds me of my life before I met you." Luke said.

"Awe you love me?" I asked.

"Shut up." He said pushing me.

Luke, Imani, Roy, and I had just transmutated to the land that was for our people. It was only accessible through transmutation or wolf form for wolf people. The four of us didn't even know where the land technically was either. But we never spent time here anyway.

The council had been called together by me. The council consisted of about twenty elders, but there were only a few that were actually in charge. The 'witches' were led by Luke's grandmother, Eniola. The wolves were led by Ian, and Roy was a direct descendant of him. The 'vampires' were led by my father's mother, Alice. My parents were the leaders of the council due to them being the only people besides me who were born as cross breeds.

My friends and I walked into the council building and went straight for the meeting room. The council was already there and seated. My dad waved when he saw me. I waved back and smiled.

Imani, Luke, Roy and I took a seat in front of the council members.

"Why did you call us here?" Mother asked.

"Hello, everyone. Thank you for having me. But I'm here because I need your permission. I want to change a human." I said.

The council members gasped and gossiped amongst themselves. Eniola clapped her hands together, and they all stopped.

"You want to change a human? For what?" Eniola asked.

"There's a girl. And I am in love with her. We are in love with each other. And we can't be together because she's human obviously. And I told her that I didn't wish to see her anymore, but she instead asked me to change her." I said.

"How long have you known her?" Eniola asked.

"A few months." I said.

"A few months? You've been on this earth for five thousand years, and you want to change a human girl you've known for a few months?" My grandmother, Alice, asked.

"Yes, because it's different with her. I have truly never been happier than when I'm with her. I love her." I said.

"But why would you want her to be like us? You hate being immortal." Mother said.

"Yes, I know, but she says she doesn't care. She just wants to be with me. And it would actually make life a lot better if I did have her to live with." I said.

"Does her family know?" The wolf leader, Ian, asked.

"No, they don't. I assume she would tell them after if this is approved." I said.

"Are the people she associates with aware?" Mother asked.

"Her best friend is actually like us, but she never told her. But now she knows, and it's okay." I said.

"Is this something that could expose us in anyway? Because I don't like to do the forgetting spell over the whole world." Eniola said.

"She is a singer. She has quite a large fan base, but I believe she's safe and careful enough to avoid exposure." I said.

"I'm confused. Is she pregnant? Is that the reason you're doing this? Because you can't change her once she's pregnant." Ian said.

"No she is not pregnant." I said.

"Have you had relations?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered honestly.

Mother gasped.