Chapter 22

"Do I look okay? How do I look?" Ariana asked me.

We were sitting on her couch waiting for the council to get here. Ariana had been nervous since yesterday. She couldn't sleep all night. All she did was pace back and forth in her room. I tried to sleep but her footsteps were so loud, they kept me up all night.

"You look fine, Ariana." I said as I held her hand. "You know you're always beautiful."

"I just feel really imitated. What if they hate me?" She said.

I kissed her temple. The council appeared in front of us, and Ariana screamed. Mother rolled her eyes.

"Hi." I said standing up.

Ariana stood up with me.

"Hi." She said shyly.

"Ariana, this is Eniola, Ian, Alice, and you know my parents. Eniola is Luke's grandmother, and Alice is my grandmother." I said.

"It's very nice to meet you all. I think it's fascinating how even though you're a grandmother, you guys don't age. I mean you age obviously, but you don't look your age." Ariana rambled.

The council stared at her.

"So we're here because we're gonna read your memories and feelings from both of you to see if you truly love each other enough to be changed." Mother said.

"Okay, not a problem." Ariana smiled.

Eniola grabbed Ariana's hands, and my grandmother grabbed mine. Alice and Eniola said the spell to read what they needed to. They closed their eyes to focus. I looked over at Ariana. She was sweating bullets.

"Hm. She started to fall in love after their first dinner." Eniola told Alice.

"Y/N started the night of Imani's birthday party." Alice said.

"How did you fall in love after me?" Ariana asked.

"I tried not to think about you because you were human." I said.

"Ariana, you have a boyfriend?" Eniola asked.

"Um, yes. But he's irrelevant to this. It was only because Y/N told me I needed to see someone else since all of this." Ariana said.

"I know. I can see your memories." Eniola said.

"Totally forgot." Ariana said as her face turned red.

"She likes the boyfriend, but does not love him." Eniola said.

It was silent for a few minutes.

"Who is the blonde?" My grandmother asked.

"Huh?" I asked.

"The blonde girl." She said.

"The blonde. Who's the blonde?" Ariana asked me.

"She's no one." I said.

"A no one you were intimate with?" Alice asked.

"What?" Ariana asked lowly.

"You're supposed to read the memories of me and her. You can't read my memories without her!" I said angrily.