Chapter 46

Your Point of View

I transmutated into Ariana's house. I hid behind a corner. I saw Cain holding Ariana's hand on the couch. Cain looked around, and I hid behind the wall that led to the living room.

"What's wrong?" Ariana asked.

"Do you have a dog or something? I thought I heard something." He said.

"Um no." Ariana said.

I slowly inched my head from behind the wall to peek at the two.

"I just think that you and I both know you deserve better, and I can give you that." He said.

"I love her, Archie. I can't betray her like that. It doesn't matter what she does because I love her, and I'd rather be with her than without her." I said.

"So you'll settle for mediocrity when you know you deserve so much more?" Cain asked.

"I will if it means I get to be with her. I don't care." Ariana said.

"Look at me right now and tell me you aren't curious about what it would be like to experience life with me, someone who actually sees you." Cain said.

The room fell silent. So I decided to read Ariana's emotions. And I could feel that she liked him. It wasn't a lot, but he had still gotten to her.

I quickly casted the spell to take away his powers. I closed his windpipe with my mind, and he fell from the couch.

"Archie?" Ariana asked.

I again used telekinesis to pick him up in the air. I walked from around the corner and into the living room. Ariana looked horrified when she saw me. I brought Cain over to me and put him down beside me without letting go of his windpipe.

Ariana backed away from us.

"I see you've grown fond of Cain while I was gone." I said.

Ariana's eyes filled with tears. The look of disgust spread across her face.

"No...no that can't be him." She whispered.

"Cain, say hi!" I said.

Cain dropped to his knees and grabbed onto my leg. I let his windpipe go, and he took deep breaths.

"I'm gonna be sick." Ariana said.

"She already likes me, Y/N. Not a lot, but she likes me." Cain got out.

"Don't listen to him, baby. He's lying to you. How are you even here?" Ariana said in shock.

"Ariana, I can feel emotion. And so can Cain. Everyone in this room knows you have a little crush on my cousin." I said.

"I didn't mean to. I wasn't trying to. I was trying to-" Ariana started.

"Ariana, I don't want to hear that right now." I said.

I looked at Cain. He smiled and stood up.

"I told you that I would have her by the end of the week." He said.

"No matter how badly I want to hit you right now, I won't. I know that you have never gotten over Malia, and I'm sorry that you have to live with that everyday. I wish I could take it away from you, I truly do. And I have tried to do everything but put a containment spell on you, but I can't do this anymore. Not after this time." I said.

"You can't put a containment spell on me. You're one person." He said.

He tried to transmutate and looked at me in terror when he couldn't.