Chapter 43

*Year: 2943 B.C.*

I walked through the strange translucent shield and entered a city. There were strangely dressed people and brightly colored plants and grasses surrounding stones in the ground that looked like trails.

The people around me all stared in confusion. I walked up to a lady who was pulling berries off of the plants. She had long brown hair and dark brown eyes. Even though she was sitting down, I could tell she was tall and beautiful.

I spoke to her in the only language I knew of, and she shook her head. I nodded and attempted to walk off. Before I could leave, she stood up and grabbed my hand. She turned me to face her.

She bent down and looked around the plants until she found a green and blue flower. She picked it out of the ground and handed it to me. I looked at her and it strangely. The girl took it from me and pointed to my mouth. I slowly opened my mouth, and she placed it inside my mouth. I slowly chewed on the plant. It tasted like nothing I had ever had before. I swallowed it quickly.

"Is that food?" I asked.

I covered my mouth in confusion. I had no idea what words had come out of my mouth.

"Can you understand me?" She asked.

"What is happening?" I asked.

"The plant allows for your thoughts to be translated into our language. And it allows you to understand me." She said.

"A plant can do that?" I asked.

"Where are you from? How did you walk in through the shield? Humans should not be able to even see the shield." She said.

"Human?" I asked.

"Humans. You people who were born so...plain." She said.

"I'm Khet, daughter of Den. I am from Kemet." I said.

"I have to take you to the council. It makes no sense you were able to walk through the shield." She said.

"I will not follow you anywhere until you tell me your name." I said.

"Zendaya." She said. "Now come with me, human."

The girl grabbed my arm and started to walk with me. I looked around and observed all of the people.

"Your people are so organized." I said.

"Is Kemet the one with the kings?" She asked.

"Yes, my father was King Den." I said proudly.

"Your father was a king? That means nothing here. Here you are the outcast. You are a human." Zendaya said.

"I understand." I said. "If you are not a human, then what are you?"

"Why would I have a name for what I am? I am normal. You are the problem." She said.

I nodded slowly. I saw someone in the field disappear and reappear on the other side of the field. I gasped.

"I can do that!" I said.

"Do what?" Zendaya asked.

I disappeared and reappeared in front of her. I smiled. Zendaya looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"What else can you do?" She asked.

"My father used to make me do this as entertainment. He said that I did this as a baby all of the time." I said as I shot fire out of my hands.