Chapter 50

"Welcome to my home." I said to the council.

It wasn't just the main five, all twenty had shown up. This was going to be a big day, and everyone knew it. Especially Ariana and I.

"Please step forward, so that we may read your memories." Ian said.

Grandma Alice went to Ariana, and Mother came to me. The two said their spell. I closed my eyes while my mom read my memory.

"Y/N is very in love with Ariana." Mother said out loud.

"So is Ariana." Grandma Alice said.

"Ariana took care of Y/N while Y/N was in a human body." Mother said.

Grandma Alice was quiet for a minute. I opened my eyes. Grandma Alice was staring at Ariana.

"Cain." Grandma Alice said.

"Cain?" Mother asked as she opened her eyes.

"Ariana developed feelings for Cain." Grandma Alice said, pulling away from Ariana.

Ariana looked at me.

"You didn't tell them?" She asked.

"No, I wanted you to be able to defend yourself. I didn't want to mess anything up." I said.

The council immediately started talking amongst themselves.

"Alice, continue Ariana's read." Ian said.

"I refuse." Grandma Alice said walking away.

"I'll do it." Eniola said, stepping towards Ariana.

Eniola took over and continued to read Ariana, while Mother continued to read me.

"Cain was not Cain with Ariana. He was a man named Archie." Eniola said.

"Y/N contained Cain." Mother said as she smiled at me.

I smiled back.

"Ariana is regretful for becoming involved with Cain." Eniola said.

My mother and Eniola backed away from us. The entire council disappeared.

Ariana turned to me and burst into tears.

"It's okay, Ari." I said as I hugged her.

I kissed her head, and she held onto me tightly.

"Your grandma looked at me like I was the worst person on this planet. They aren't gonna approve us." Ariana said.

"There are twenty of them. Alice is one person. And Eniola saw that it was a mistake." I said.

The council reappeared in front of us.

"With a vote of eleven to nine, you were not approved. Would you like a moment before we cast the memory erasure spell?" Ian said.

Ariana sobbed in my arms.

"That's not fair! Was it because of Cain?" I said.

"We can't trust the human." Ian shrugged.

"Fucking look at my memory! I did bad things as well! You saw last time. No one says anything when it's me. You're coddling me. That's the problem with me now. And it's unfair that you would punish us over a mistake Ariana made that we fucking worked out." I said.

"Would you like a moment alone before we erase your memories?" Alice asked.

"Hold on a minute. I wanna call witnesses. Please. I'm begging." I said.

"You know they will be pulled at random?" Ian asked.

"Yes, please. Just call witnesses." I said.

"First witness, Victoria McCants." Dad said.