Chapter 41

"C-C-Could I get a jacket?" I shivered.

"A jacket?" Cain asked.

We were somewhere I had never been. At least I didn't remember if I had been here. It was a forrest, but I had no idea where. And it was freezing cold.

"I'm c-cold." I said.

"I watched you tear people apart with your bare hands, and you're cold?" He asked.

"Don't throw that in m-my face." I said, trying to ignore the thoughts of the war that he brought to mind.

Cain laughed to himself. A blanket appeared beside me.

"That should work." He said.

I quickly took the blanket and wrapped it around myself. I laid back down.

"It's been three days. You've laid in that same position for three days. Can you get up and do something?" He asked.

He walked over to me and kicked me in the face. I yelled in pain and covered my head with my hands.

"I haven't eaten in three days." I said.

"I fucking brought you a person yesterday. You're the one that hasn't eaten it yet." Cain said.

"I can't eat people. My body rejects it." I said.

"So you fucking eat human food?! Are you kidding me?" He shouted.

"No, I have a feeding tube. I can't keep anything down that I eat by mouth." I said.

"What the fuck is a feeding tube?" He asked.

"I'm not telling you." I said.

Cain grabbed me by my throat and pressed around my windpipe. He picked me off of the ground and slowly raised me in the air until my feet couldn't reach the ground. I grabbed his hand and tried to pry it off, but he tightened his grip.

"What is it, Y/N?" He asked.

Cain dropped me back on the ground, and I took deep breaths.

"It's a tube connected to my stomach. They pump liquid food into it." I said.

Cain picked me up by my neck and held me up. He lifted my shirt and found the feeding tube. He yanked it from my body, and I cried out in pain. Cain dropped me, and I laid on my back in agony. I burst out into tears.

"Tears?" He asked.

"I knew you were gonna fucking do that!" I said.

I grabbed the blanket and bit down on it.

"Stop crying." He said kicking me in the face.

I cried even harder, and he kicked me in the face again.

"Stop it!" I shouted.

He leaned down to my level and punched me in the face.

"No!" He smiled.

"Cain, I'm never going to work with you. You're doing this for no reason." I said.

"You don't have to work with me. I'm done with you looking down on me. But I am curious about how you live with these humans. Especially with you're human girlfriend. Because if you're here, your little girlfriend is by herself. Probably alone and sad." He said.

My heart fell.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Oh don't play stupid. Do you think I showed up in LA the day I came for you? I saw you get off of the plane with her. I found out she's quite the celebrity." Cain said.