Chapter 19

It was eight PM on a Friday, and I was at dinner. Ariana was spending the night with Dalton, so I decided to go out with Sabrina. I knew I was incapable of forming feelings for someone else while I was in love with Ariana, but I wanted to at least try to get her off of my mind.

Sabrina was nice, and she was like me, so that was good enough for me. She also was very attractive, and that was just a bonus for me.

"I knew I should have come early. You just look like the type to get to a date early." Sabrina said.

I immediately stood up and walked over to her side of the table. I pulled her chair out for her, and Sabrina smiled.

"You don't have to." She said sitting down.

I pushed her chair in.

"Yes I do." I said sitting down.

"You're too sweet. I'm also surprised you remember agreeing to go to dinner with me." Sabrina said.

"Yeah, I am too. I forget everything." I said.

"Well I'm glad you didn't forget me." She said.

"How could I ever?" I asked.

"Flirting already? The date just started." She said.

"So this is a date?" I asked.

"It can be." Sabrina said.

"Ah what the hell. It's a date!" I said.

"I'm glad because I kinda told my mom I was finally going on a date with you." She said.

"Telling your mom is one thing, but I'd like to point out the finally part of that sentence. Have you actually had a crush on me for sixty years?" I asked.

"Yes. I saw you for the first time at the Dr. No premiere in 1962. You and Jhené came separately, and I saw you first. I tried to build up the courage to speak to you but by the time I did, Jhené had arrived, and I realized you were taken." Sabrina said.

"I remember that night! Why didn't you say anything later on? We've been broken up for fifty years." I said.

"I honestly thought you and your friend Imani were dating for the longest. That was until Chloe told me you were single." She said.

"Me with Imani?! Why does everyone think this? We would absolutely never date each other." I said.

"Well I'm sorry I wanted to respect your nonexistent relationship." She said.

"You and I could have been together already, but no. You wanted to believe I was dating Imani." I said.

"We could be together in the future. You don't know." Sabrina said.

"I guess I don't know the future." I said.

———

"And this is my apartment." Sabrina said opening the door to where she lived.

It was gorgeous inside.

"Well thanks for going out with me." I said.

"Nope, you're coming inside." She said grabbing my hand.

Sabrina pulled me inside and shut the door behind her.

"Nice place." I said.

"Do you wanna kiss me?" She asked.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You heard me." Sabrina said.

I looked at her. She looked up at me while grabbing my belt. In that moment, I didn't care about anything else. I just wanted to kiss her.