Chapter 48

"Y/N, I can't believe you came!" Chloe said as she ran to me.

She was having her debut album release party. I repeatedly told her over the past three days that I would absolutely not be in attendance because I hate being around that many humans, but I decided to go since it was her big day.

"I can't believe I came either." I smiled.

Chloe hugged me, and I hugged her back.

"Who'd you come with?" Chloe asked.

"Lauren, but I think she ran off to Jhené." I said.

"They're cool again?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah, I had them sit down for like two hours and talk a few night ago." I told her.

"Look at you being Dr. Phil." Chloe smiled.

Someone came over to Chloe and led her away. She gave me a sympathetic smile, but I didn't mind because I knew she was going to be busy tonight.

I looked around the party for anyone that I knew. And after a few seconds I made awkward eye contact with none other than Sabrina Carpenter. I gave a small smile before looking away. I thought that was the end of the interaction until I saw her coming over to me.

I looked around trying to find someone to run to before she could make it over to me, but I wasn't fast enough with my search.

"Hey, Y/N." Sabrina said.

I looked down at her and smiled.

"Hey, Sabrina." I said.

"What are you doing here? I thought you didn't like coming to human events." She said.

"I don't like coming to human events, but I knew it would mean a lot to Chloe if I came." I said.

"How have you been doing?" Sabrina asked.

"I've been good." I said.

"That's good. I mean the last time I heard anything about you, I was told that you were in a human body, and Cain was looking for you." Sabrina said.

"Yeah." I said.

Her eyes widened.

"Was it true?" She asked.

"It was, but I handled it."I said.

"You handled it?" She asked.

"I contained him." I said.

"Shut the fuck up." Sabrina said.

"I did." I told her.

"By yourself?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"That is incredible. It must have been really tough. I know you two were really close." She said.

"Yeah, he was my cousin so..." I trailed off.

"Where's Ariana? She didn't want to come?" Sabrina asked.

I contemplated on what to say. I didn't want her in my business, and I didn't want to make Ariana look bad.

"She decided to stay home tonight." I lied.

"Oh okay. So you guys are still together?" Sabrina asked.

"Yeah, we are." I said.

"Y/N, can I steal you really quick? Thanks." Victoria said as she pulled me away.

I waved to Sabrina as I walked away.

"Thank you so much. I don't know what I would do without you." I said to Victoria.