Chapter 18

Ariana's Point of View

"Babe, do you really need to go?" Dalton said holding on to me.

"Yes, I really do. I'm sorry." I said.

I was already two hours late to Y/N's surprise party. Imani told me about it while I was still at lunch with Y/N. Apparently they kept it from me so Y/N couldn't find out. I guess they assumed I would have slipped up and told her about it. And I probably would have.

I was currently at Dalton's house for New Year's Eve. It was him and a lot of his friends. He was very drunk, but I stayed sober so that I could drive to Y/N's house.

"Okay, just text me when you get there." He said.

"Okay." I said.

He kissed me, and I internally gagged at the sloppiness. I pulled away and smiled. I got in my car and started driving to Y/N's. I tried calling her, but it went to voicemail.

When I got to her house, there was nowhere to park. Like they lived in the middle of the woods already, and there was still nowhere to park. I ended up having to park my car almost near the entrance. I took my heels off so that the walk to the house wouldn't be as bad.

When I finally got to the house, I put my heels back on. I walked inside and there were people everywhere. Like I mean the house was packed. A lot of people were famous, but other people I had never seen before in my life.

There was a stage in the middle of the living room and Ty Dolla Sign was performing.

"Ariana!" I heard a familiar voice say.

I whipped my head around to find Nicki Minaj talking to Doja Cat. I ran over to them and hugged them.

"Ariana, what are you doing here?" Nicki laughed.

"I should say the same about you two." I said.

"Oh we know these people. What are you doing here?" Doja asked.

"Imani invited me." I said.

"For what?" Nicki asked.

"For Y/N." I said.

"Y/N who? Not Y/N Archer." Doja said.

"Yeah, Y/N." I said.

"Chile, hell done froze over." Nicki said.

"So you know about them right?" Doja asked.

"I do." I said.

"And they know you're human?" Doja asked.

"Yes." I said.

"And Y/N Archer is your friend? You came here to see her?" Doja asked.

"Yes, she is. We're really close." I said.

"Oh my God, I can't believe this." Nicki said.

"So are you guys..." I trailed off.

Doja and Nicki showed their fangs.

"Vampires. Who would have thought?" I said.

"That's not a real word. Don't use it." Nicki said.

"She can use it. There is no word." Doja said.

"Have you guys seen Y/N?" I asked.

"Chile, the last time I saw her was an hour ago. Them wolf people brought her potion, so she disappeared." Nicki said.

"Potion?" I asked.

"It's like a concoction. Wolf people can't get drunk off of alcohol, so they came up with this shit thousands and thousands of years ago. It gets them drunk after a cup. I tried that shit once. I had three sips. I blacked out for two days." Doja said.