Chapter 30

I woke up to Ariana singing beside me. I kept my eyes closed, so she wouldn't know I was up yet. She never sang in front of me, so I wanted to listen for as long as I could.

"I never been this scared before. Feelings I just can't ignore. Don't know if I should fight or flight, but I don't mind. Mm trippin', fallin' with no safety net." I heard Ariana sing.

"That shit is incredible. I already got my verse written down, but I'll probably be better to practice our harmonies when you get back." I heard my friend, Ty Dolla Sign, say.

His voice was so distinct, it was easy to tell it was him.

"Okay, thank you again for being on this." Ariana said.

"You know it. Talk to you later." He said.

"Bye." Ariana said.

I heard the phone hang up. Ariana moved closer to me and placed her hand on my face. I felt her kiss me, and I smiled.

"Are you awake?" Ariana asked.

"No." I said.

"How much did you hear of the song?" Ariana whined.

"Not a lot. I just know Ty is on it." I said.

"Did you like it?" She asked.

I placed my arm on her waist.

"I love everything you make. And I love when I get to hear you sing. Your voice is...no words to describe it." I said.

"Thank you, baby." Ariana said before kissing my nose.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Three in the afternoon." She said.

"What?" I asked as I sat up.

"No, lay back down." Ariana said.

I laid back down.

"Is it really three?" I asked.

Ariana looked at her phone and showed it to me. It read 3:06.

"You and your friends got very drunk last night. I didn't drink as much, so Zendaya and I just talked while the rest of you acted like damn fools." She said.

"Did I really?" I asked.

"You and the boys started fighting. Physically fighting." Ariana said.

"Who won?" I asked.

"Well it was you and Luke versus Roy and Bryson. Who do you think won?" She asked.

"Oh we whooped them, huh?" I asked.

"You did." She said.

"What did you and Zendaya talk about?" I asked.

"We talked about the ceremony, about us, about my album, Euphoria, just random topics." Ariana said.

"I love that girl." I said.

"I know. She told be about how she stayed with you guys for a little when she was trying to find her purpose." Ariana said.