Chapter 9

It had been about a week since Ariana and I had sex. I knew I had fucked up. I left before Ariana even woke up and came home. I could not explain to her why I literally broke her headboard with a touch. I was not about to tell her about me and everyone else.

I hadn't been doing too good without her. I was constantly thinking about her, and I was so scared of what she thought of me. I knew she probably thought I was a jackass who had used her.

My phone rang for the billionth time. Ariana called me over and over and over everyday. Well she called everyday until yesterday. She called once and then not again. I looked at my phone. It was Victoria. I declined the call.

"You must have forgot I'm not a human." Victoria said appearing in my room.

"Vic, please. I can't do this." I said.

"You have ruined, Ariana. This is exactly what I was afraid of. I know you can't control your emotions. And I know that you like her, and I know you're not trying to hurt her, but you are killing her right now." Victoria said.

"I can't tell her about me, Vic. I can't tell her about you either. It would crush her!" I said.

"I love her, and I'd rather her know about me than be crying the way she has been for the past week." Victoria said.

"She's crying?" I asked.

"Y/N, she loves you." Victoria said.

"I can't. I should have never talked to her." I said.

"But you did. And you fucked her. Which is insane by the way because you know you aren't supposed to fuck humans. You could have hurt her or even worse killed her." Victoria said.

"I didn't touch her during it, I swear. I knew I could hurt her. I ripped a pillow in half and then I punched a hole in her wall and I broke off her headboard. I couldn't explain that! So I just left." I said.

"Y/N, it will be hard for Ariana to hear about you. And I'm terrified for her to know about me. But I love her. And if she has to find out about me to understand, then I'm fine with it. Please, Y/N." Victoria said.

"Vic, what if she hates me?" I asked.

"I promise she would hate you less than I do right now." Victoria said.

"Okay, I'll go over there." I said.

"Okay." Victoria said leaving.

———

I knocked on Ariana's front door. There was no response. I tried to open the door and noticed it was locked. I transmutated inside. I went inside and into the living room. It was empty. I walked upstairs and walked to Ariana's room.

"Ariana?" I asked.

Ariana looked up from under the covers. I heard her sniffle before sitting up and wiping her face.

"Y/N?" She asked.

"I need to talk to you. Well first I need to apologize to you. I should have never left without an explanation, and I should have never ignored you. That was so wrong of me. And I'm not trying to make excuses, but I just want you to know the reason I did that is because I've never been in this situation before." I said.

"What are you talking about? You've never ghosted a girl after having sex with her? Is that your game? You act perfect just so you can use girls?" Ariana asked.

"No, I swear that's not it. I told you I'd never lie to you. And I haven't been lying, but I haven't been telling you the truth either. I was trying to protect you, but I ended up hurting you anyway. And for that I am so sorry." I said.