Chapter 4

"Have a great night, Dr. Archer." Ebony, one of my nurses, said as we exited the office.

I locked the door behind us.

"You as well." I smiled.

I walked over to my car and got inside. I threw my bag in the passenger seat and started my drive home. Maybe a minute in, my phone rang. I answered the call and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Y/N." Jhené said into the phone.

I dropped the phone out of my hand and into my lap. I grabbed it and put it back to my ear.

"Hey, Jhené?" I asked.

"I'm sorry for calling so out of the blue, but I have something to ask. And it's kind of a big deal." She said.

I sighed.

"You know you don't need to say all that. I'll do anything." I said.

"I want you to be my son's watcher." She said.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"I know it's a lot to ask with us not being together, but you're already Namiko's. I just thought it would be great if you were Noah's too." Jhené said.

This was a very big deal for our kind. It was about the same as a godparent but with more responsibilities. It sounded just like what it was. You essentially watch over this child for your entire life. When they're a baby, you watch over them more, but as they get older, you see them less.

I was just about everyone's watcher. Everyone chose me to watch over their kids because no outsiders would ever try to harm anyone affiliated with me.

"How does your boyfriend feel about this?" I asked Jhené.

"You think Sean knows? He doesn't even know about me. I told him we were having a day for Noah to meet everyone important to us." Jhené said lowly in the phone.

"Okay. So how are we supposed to do the ceremony?" I asked.

"All you need to do is hold him, we don't really have to do the ceremony." She said.

"I'll do it." I said.

"Great. I'll text you the details. I know you don't know how to work a phone, so just have Imani help you figure out where your texts are located." Jhené joked.

"Very funny." I said.

"Goodbye, Y/N." She said.

"Goodbye, Jhené." I said.

The phone call ended. I rode in complete silence until I got home. I parked in the garage and turned the car off. I grabbed my things and got out of the car. I shut my car door and walked inside the house.

"Hi, sweetie. How was work?" Imani asked.

"It was fine. Jhené called me." I said.

Imani damn near passed out.

"Huh?" She asked.

"She wants me to be her son's watcher." I said.

"Who?" Luke asked as he came out his room.

Roy followed behind him.

"Jhené wants me to be her son's watcher." I said.

"No fucking way. We talked about her so much we fucking manifested her." Luke said.

"Shut up." I said.

"Think about it." He said.

"Stop no we didn't...Did we?" I said.