Chapter 33

"So you gave me a human body?" I asked.

"You're still in your body, but it's just a human body right now." Jhené said.

"So can I get Tom?" I asked.

"Yes, go." She said.

I walked up to the group of six that were jumping Tom.

"Get the fuck off of him." I said grabbing the guy punching Tom by his shoulder.

He turned around and swung on me. I dodged the hit and punched him in the face. He fell backwards onto the bar and rolled onto the floor. I looked at Jhené.

"I thought my powers were gone!" I said.

"They are!" She said.

"This is my human strength?" I asked.

I felt my a fist connect to my jaw. I damn near passed out myself. I steadied myself and put my fist up. I kicked the guy that punched me. He fell backwards. Two of the guys came towards me from both sides. I side kicked the one to my left in the face then punched the one to my right causing them both to pass out.

"LVPD, put your hands in the air!" I heard.

I looked towards the door and there were cops coming inside. The two guys I had left to fight were helping their friends and trying to run out of the back. I walked over to Tom. I grabbed him by the back of the head and looked at him.

"You alright, Spidey?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright." He got out.

"LVPD, drop him now! Get on the ground!" I heard someone yell.

"Jhené, can you freeze humans yet?" I asked.

"No." She said.

"Fuck!" I shouted.

I put my hands in the air and got on the ground. The officer took my hands and put them behind my back. He handcuffed me, and I winced at the tightness of the handcuffs. I was in complete shock that I could feel the pain from something so minor.

"You have the right to remain silent. Any-" The cop started.

"You won't remember this in a few hours, you might as well save your breath." I said.

"Shut the fuck up." Another officer said.

"Alright, I'm trying to help you, but if you wanna be difficult then be my guest." I said.

The two of them picked me up and put me on my feet. The room started spinning, and I almost fell over. The officers had to steady me, but something didn't feel right.

"I just sent for mother." Jhené said.

"Please hurry. Don't let them put me in the system because it's gonna be even harder to wipe than their memories." I said.

"You think you're fucking funny?" An officer asked.

"You wish I was joking right now." I said.

We walked outside, and Mother was already standing beside the police car. She froze all of the humans except for Tom.

"What in the hell happened?" She asked.

"Fucking Tom...group...I don't feel good." I said before I closed my eyes.

———

Jhené's Point of View

"Can we pass out?" Luke asked.

"Y/N, hey, talk to me." Roy said as he grabbed her.

All of us ran over to her, and she was completely knocked out.