Chapter 7

"Alright, making me come to New York for a girl is insane." Roy said.

We were walking to Ariana's little private show in New York. I wanted to surprise her because I missed her.

"Bruh, I haven't seen her since Jhené's little get together. Like we text, but that's it. So I wanna do something nice." I said.

"So if you roll up in here and she has a man she hasn't told you about watching her, then what?" Luke said.

"She wouldn't do that. She's not like that." I said.

"But I'm just saying cause if she really wanted you to come, she probably would have just invited you. So what you doing if you see she invited someone else that wasn't you?" Luke said.

"I'm not doing a damn thing. I'd be like 'ah that's crazy', but then I'd probably change and then they'd call animal control on me or something." I said.

Imani laughed at me and grabbed my hand. I laced our fingers together.

"I think Ariana will be happy you surprised her." She said.

"You think?" I asked.

"Yes, every time I've been around her I can feel her love for you." Imani said.

I snatched away from her.

"Love?!" I shouted.

"She's in the early stages of falling in love. I don't even think she knows it yet." Imani said.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"I am so serious." She said.

"Yeah, at Jhené's party, she was thinking about you holding that baby. Like she was thinking hard. She wanna make you a mommy." Luke teased.

"Stay out of her head." I said.

"It's fun! We like knowing how she feels about you." Imani said.

"Yeah, it's interesting." Luke said.

"Well if I don't do it, then you don't need to either." I said.

We finally got to the venue. The four of us walked up to the security guard.

"Hey." Roy said.

"Names?" The security guard asked.

"Y/N." Imani sang.

I looked at the security guard. It was actually very easy to penetrate human's minds.

"We need to get in. We're gonna be late." I said.

"Right this way." He said opening the door.

We all walked in, and he shut the door behind us.

"It's okay to do your little voodoo on anybody but Ariana? That don't seem right." Imani said.

"It seems just right." I said.

We walked over to the middle of the room. Everyone was standing and talking to each other.

"I thought it started at seven. I'm hungry." Roy said.

The lights on stage immediately turned off. The crowd went crazy. I clapped slowly. Imani pushed my hands down and shook her head.

Ariana walked out on stage while waving at the crowd. She was wearing a light purple top with a matching skirt and black heels. Her hair was down and she had a side part. She looked absolutely beautiful. She walked over to the mic and grabbed it. She sat down on a pretty blue velvet chair in front of everyone.

"How's everyone feeling tonight? Are you too warm? Too cold? Just right?" She said.

There were people screaming everywhere.