Chapter 12

"Y/N." Ariana sang into the phone.

"Ariana, it is like five in the morning." I said into my phone.

I rolled over in bed to be on my back.

"It's ten. Get up. I need to go shopping." She said.

"Then go shopping? What do I need to be awake for?" I asked.

"Because I don't want to go alone." She said.

I rolled back over and groaned into the phone.

"Can you give me like an hour?" I asked.

"I'll give you thirty minutes, and then I'm on the way." Ariana said.

"Fine, good enough." I said hanging up.

I put my phone down and got out of bed. I brushed my teeth then I took a shower. I got out and grabbed boxers, a sports bra, black cargo pants, a Black Panther t-shirt, socks, and red converse. I got dressed then grabbed everything I needed.

I called Ariana.

"Hello?" She said.

"Where you at?" I asked.

"I am literally on the way. Can you calm down?" She said.

"I could just transmutate into the car." I said.

"No, that's strange." She whined. 

"You humans are so weak." I said.

"Goodbye." She said hanging up on me.

I scrolled on tiktok for about twenty minutes until I finally got a text from Ariana saying she had arrived. I grabbed my wallet and walked downstairs. I left the house, and Ariana was sitting outside in her Tesla. I opened the passenger door and got in.

"You smell delicious." Ariana said.

"You're too kind." I said.

She pulled away from my house and started driving to the mall.

"Do you wanna hear about my first date with Dalton?" She asked.

"Like do I have a choice?" I asked.

"Not at all." She said.

"Go ahead." I said.

"Well we only went to dinner. He took me to a fucking steakhouse, so I ended up having to eat a potato. I was so pissed. But then he felt bad about it, so he bought me flowers, but I was thinking 'why didn't you start off with flowers'. Also he didn't take my chair out for me when we sat down at the restaurant. I think you made my standards too high, and you do the bare minimum." Ariana said.

"I like to think I do above the bare minimum." I said.

"You do. I feel like I'm gonna be comparing everyone I ever date to you." Ariana said.

"Well I wouldn't do that if I were you cause you'll never be happy." I said.

"I won't be happy regardless because I won't be with you, bitch." She said.

"Now I'm a bitch cause I'm trying to protect you." I said.

"Like protect me from what?" Ariana asked.

"Um well we're not supposed to have sex. And sex is a big part of a relationship." I said.

"We had sex! And we were fine!" She said.

"That's because I was hyper focused on not hurting you. It takes away from the fact that we're actually having sex." I said.

"You don't have to hyper focus." She said.