Chapter 14

"Y/N, are you gonna murder me?" Ariana asked as we walked through the woods.

"Don't you think I would have killed you already?" I asked.

"Y/N, what if there are ants?" Ariana asked as she grabbed my arm.

"I've been coming here for hundreds of years, and I have never seen any ants." I said.

"Would you even feel if you got bit?" She sassed.

"I have nerves in my body, Ariana." I said.

"What's in the basket?" Ariana asked me.

"Secret." I said.

"Are you taking me on a picnic?" She asked.

"Well we are in the woods, and I'm holding a picnic basket." I said.

"A midnight picnic? I have never heard of that. Have you done this with another girl?" Ariana said.

"No, I have not." I said.

"Have you brought another girl here before?" She asked.

I laughed at her.

"No, Ariana." I said.

"I feel special." She said.

"You should. You are." I said.

We arrived at a spot where almost the whole city was visible. The lights in the nighttime were beautiful from here.

"Y/N, this view is incredible." Ariana said.

"I know. I come here to calm down when I get too angry. It's my spot." I said.

"It's our spot now." She said.

"Sure, our spot." I smiled.

I found a flat spot and placed the picnic basket down. I took out a blanket and laid it on the ground. I sat on top of the blanket and started to set up the food and candles while Ariana continued to stand up and look at the view.

"This is very cute, Y/N." Ariana smiled as she sat down next to me.

"I got you a salad, lotus, and adzuki beans." I said pointing at her food.

"Gimme a kiss." She said.

Ariana grabbed my face and pecked my lips.

"It's just food." I said.

"Yeah, but I told you lotus and adzuki beans were my favorite so long ago. Like the first time we went out. And you remembered. And you know you you don't remember shit." She said.

"Yeah, but it was important to you." I said.

Ariana kissed me again. I pulled out a bottle of champagne and took the seal off. Ariana took it from me and opened the bottle. She took a sip and placed it down.

I grabbed my food which was hibachi noodles, rice, shrimp and steak. I immediately dug in.

"Meat and no vegetables. Just know that I'm judging you." Ariana said.

"Okay so number one I eat people, so I think that may be worse than eating a dead cow. Also vegetables are supposed to give humans nutrients. I get all the nutrients I need when I eat humans." I said.

"When do you even do your little vampire thing because I'm always with you and yet I never see you after 'feeding' or whatever you call it." She said.

"Well I do it once a week, and it's usually at like three in the morning. That's when all the crime happens." I said.

"Says who?" She asked.

"I'm telling you. I would never let you go out between the hours of 1 AM and 5 AM." I said.