I could get used to this

Jenna's POV

I sat on the sofa of Y/n's apartment, her head lay in my lap. I was playing with her hair while she was asleep, comforting her after today. Stranger things was playing but I wasn't watching it. I was watching her. Checking for any signs of discomfort she'd show. She slept so peacefully, like the calm after a storm.

Sadie sat on the sofa that was next to the one we were on. I told her about what had happened today, and how I didn't want her to go home by herself.

"Thank you for looking after her Jenna. Means a lot." She said with a grateful smile.

"Anytime." I replied.

Y/n's POV

My eyes slowly began to flutter open. I looked up at Jenna, who was already looking at me with a warm smile.

"Hey." She said softly, "you okay?"

"Mhm" I hummed in a positive tone.

Slowly, I sat myself up and swung my legs over the edge of the couch. I placed my head in my hands, resting my elbows on my knees.

"I think I'm gonna go get a shower." I said, standing up and walking in that direction before either of my friends could talk.

Jenna's POV

I stared into the hallway where Y/n just was, unsure whether I should go check on her or just wait for her. I didn't want to leave her side after today. I had never seen her so hurt before, and it hurt me to see her like that.

"She'll be okay." Sadie said as if she could read my mind, "showers help her calm down and relax. Don't worry."

I gave her a half smile and stood up, "is it okay if I go sit on the balcony until she's done?" I asked her.

"Of course. I'll let her know you're out there." She replied.

I sat on the balcony looking over at the view. The air still smelt damp after yesterdays rainstorm. I sat on the floor on a dry spot of the concrete and took out my phone. I took a picture of myself with the view and uploaded it to Instagram. Hearing some movement in
Y/n's room, I turned my head to see what was going on.

Y/n was stood in her underwear picking out some comfy clothes. I couldn't help but look over her body, she had a beautiful build. Her wet hair draped over her tanned skin. I looked away as a warm feeling spread across my cheeks.

Y/n's POV

I pulled my grey champion hoodie over my head and slipped my red plaid pj pants on. I walked out of my closet and noticed Jenna was sat out in the cold, only in shorts and a tank top. I grabbed a sweater off the rail and walked out onto the balcony.

"Hey," I spoke quietly to get her attention. She noticed me and instantly smiled, "I brought you a sweater. I don't want you to be cold."

"Thanks." She took the sweater and pulled it on . It buried her like my shirt did.

We stood outside in silence for a moment, taking in the scenery. Until, Jenna broke the silence.

"Could I sleep here tonight? I don't want to leave you alone." She asked me.

"I'd like that."

Rain began to fall again and the sun began to set, so I took Jenna back inside. Jenna was in bed waiting for me to come back from the bathroom.

I walked in and turned off the main lights, then turned on the bedside lamp. I crawled under the blankets and shuffled closer to Jenna, laying down and resting my head on her shoulder. She lifted her arm and wrapped it around me pulling me closer to her as she rolled onto her side, facing me. My head now laid in the nook of her neck and my arm was draped over her waist. She had both of her arms wrapped around me and my leg was in between hers comfortably. We laid like this for hours, talking to each other every now and again until I began to drift off to sleep.

I could get used to this.