At the airport

We arrived at the airport after stuck in nearly two hours of busy New York traffic in a stuffy taxi. Jenna had fallen asleep with her head on my shoulder whilst we listened to music, sharing her earphones. Sadie was sat to my right giggling as she texted Ava, not going to lie I think I'm going to regret setting them up.

We pulled into the taxi drop off zone and i gently woke Jenna up so we could make our way inside. We got through all of the security quickly with our fast passes and we were now sat at one of the restaurants in the airport waiting for Ava to arrive.

It was a Mexican place that Jenna had chosen and the food was amazing. I had enchiladas, Jenna had black bean quesadillas and Sadie had chilaquiles. We were enjoying our meals when we heard hurried footsteps coming over to us. I turned around thinking it was Ava, but it wasn't. A women was walking over to us with a little girl hiding behind her.

"Hi" I smiled at her and waving at the little girl.

"Hi, sorry to bother you guys but my daughter loves you three, and I was wondering if you could take a picture with her." She asked as the young girl hide behind her mum.

"Yeah of course we can, what's your name?" Sadie smiled to the little girl.

"Emily" she said shyly, the girl must have even about 5 or 6 years old.

"It's lovely to meet you Emily, come here." I said holding my arms out. She walked towards me and I picked her up and sat her on my lap. I gave her a hug and her mum pulled her phone out ready to take the picture. Jenna and Sadie leaned closer to us and we all smiled. They said goodbye and walked back to their table.

I turned to look at Jenna who was already looking at me with a huge smile on her face.

"What?" I asked her with a smile pressing on mine.

"Nothing..." she said simply.

"Guys! Ava's here!" Sadie said pulling our attention to the brunette walking toward us.

Sadie jumped up out of her seat and ran over to Ava and wrapped her arms around her pulling her into a hug. They then walked back over and sat down opposite Jenna and I.

"Hey!" Ava smiled at us, "sorry it took a while I was stuck in traffic."

"Yeah it's pretty busy, don't worry." I replied, "oh Ava this is Jenna, Jenna this is Ava."

"It's good to finally meet you." Ava smiled holding her hand out for Jenna to shake.

Jenna stared at her hand then bitterly said, "You too." Before taking her hand and shaking it.

We spent around 10 minutes chatting before deciding it was best to head to our terminal and wait the remaining half hour for the plane there.

We were sat by the large floor to ceiling windows that looked over the runway. Jenna was fast asleep, laid on her back across the seats with her head on my lap. Sadie and Ava talking away besides me. I ran my fingers through Jenna's hair as she slept. Even when she's fast asleep she's so beautiful. I rested my hand on her cheek, rubbing my thumb over her jawline gently, and held my other hand in hers.

"You two are cute." Ava whispered to me.

I looked over to see Sadie sleeping with her head on Ava's shoulder.

"I could say the same about you two." I laughed.

"Yeah... thank you by the way. She's great." Ava said, smiling at Sadie.

"Yeah, I know. And, I'm going to give you that 'best friend talk'. Just, take care of her for me. She's not had the best luck with dating, so don't you dare break her heart Ava." I said slightly joking but also very seriously.

"I wouldn't dream of it. I promise you she's safe with me." She assured me.

"Thank you Ava." I smiled.

"It's okay, no need to thank me." She said giving me the same smile back.