Escape room

[not proof read]

Y/n's pov

Finally, after an exhausting hour, I had finally settled into my new apartment for the next few months. Emma and Georgie had been cleaning it thoroughly, although they had cleaners do that this morning, I felt that i had to do it a second time to get rid of any other essence of Percy. Jenna and I had been unpacking in the meantime, it wasn't much since not all of the stuff I got flown in from LA had got here, but it was still a fairly large amount of things.

Now, the four of us sat in the living room. Georgie and I sat on the couch while Jenna and Emma sat on the rug opposite. Since we had suddenly got the day off from filming, we hadn't really planned to do anything other than get me moved in.

"What do you guys feel like doing for the rest of the day?" Emma asked before taking a sip of water.

"I dunno." Georgie shrugged, "what even is there to do around here?"

"Hold on I'll Google it." I pulled out my phone and search for things to do. I noticed everyone else also did the same thing, which I thought was amusing.

"What kind of thing are we thinking. Something relaxing, fun, maybe a form of exercise?" Jenna asked scrolling on her phone.

"Oh, hard pass on exercise." Emma huffed, which earned a laugh from the rest of us.

"OH!" I stood up in excitement, "what about an escape room?! I found one about 30 minutes away and it's horror themed!"

"Yes! I've always wanted to do that!" Jenna exclaimed, standing up with me.

Emma also agreed on the escape room, however, it took a minute to convince Georgie. He insisted that he'd somehow get locked in there forever and have to live with ghosts, then proceeded to talk about his intense fear of ghosts, but we assured him he wouldn't.

*a 30 minute car ride later*

A loud thud and the clunk of many strong locks later, we were sealed in the first room. Surround in pitch black darkness, the four of us waited for an announcement to commence the start of our escape.

"Jenna can you stop touching my arm it's freaking me out." I said quietly slightly nervous.

"What I'm not doing anything!" Jenna whispered in a defensive yet scared tone.

"No seriously stop!" I whisper shouted as I continued to feel a slight tickling on my arm.

"It's not me!"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS TOUCHING ME!" I began to panic, "OH MY GOD IS IT A SPIDER? GET IT OFF!" I started to frantically try brush whatever it was off my arm.

Jenna let out a laugh she clearly had been holding in, "chill out Y/n, it was me I was kidding."

I playfully hit her arm, "not funny Jenna."

"Why'd you hit me for?" Georgie asked confused.

"Oh shit sorry. I can't see." I chuckled.

Suddenly, a deep voice, clearly a voice changer, came on over the speakers. It gave a creepy monologue to fit the theme and then told us some rules, instructions and finally our first clue to kick it off. Dim red tinted lights turned on just enough so we can make out enough of the room to find clues to escape this room. A large figure in the corner of my eye caught my attention. The figure looked like a man, but it wasn't clear so I squinted my eyes to try and see it better.

"Anyone see that?" I asked pointing in its direction.

Immediately after I said that, the man lunged forward and pulled a cord to an object he was holding, which I realised was a chainsaw. The took the blades off for obvious reasons, but the sound was still enough to scare us all. When the machine roared i let out a scream and pushed Georgie in front of me to block the man's path. Emma grabbed my wristband pulled me behind Jenna where we both hid. Somehow, Jenna seemed in phased by what was happening. Instead of panicking like the rest of us were, she looked around the room searching for something. Her eyes landed on a chain that hung on the ceiling in a loop shape, she ran over to it and pulled on it which released some plastic bars from a hole in the roof. The bars dropped down in front of the man with an chainsaw, concealing him in a separate room. Emma and I looked at each other with confused expressions.

"How did you know to do that?" Emma asked impressed.

"The clue!" She shrugged, "It said, the first solution lies in the motion of unexpected fear."

"And you got that, from that?" I asked not getting what she was saying.

Jenna sighed before explaining her thoughts, "the first solution being getting rid off him so we can get to the second room. Unexpected fear was the chainsaw, and the blades move in a loop motion, like this chain." She stated as if it was obvious. The three of us looked at her puzzled as to how she figure that out so quick.

Jenna simply laughed then began looking around the room for clues. "Don't make me do all the work." Emma and I got up to help look around, meanwhile Georgie still stood processing.