Interview

Y/n's POV
A long and miserable week of being lethargic and upset in my hotel room had passed. Ava hadn't left my side since Jenna and I broke up, and I'm thankful she came with me- it's nice to have her to support me. Emma and Georgie had come over everyday to see how I was holding up but it wasn't a shock that nothing had changed. But today it had to. I had to at least act fine because today Tim Burton was interviewing me for a part in Wednesday, the part the cast kept begging me to audition for.

It was just after 9 am.

Slowly, I got out of bed and made my way over to the bathroom. I began brushing my teeth whilst staring at my reflection in the mirror; my eyes were red and puffy, and the dark circles under my eyes had become way worse than they did before. I spat the toothpaste out and rinsed my face with cold water, then left to get ready for the day.

After applying makeup to cover up the mess underneath and getting dressed into a somewhat nice outfit, I said my goodbyes to Ava and made my way out the the lobby. Emma was waiting for me by a taxi when I got outside. The air was warm but a nice cool breeze balanced it out and sun beamed in a clear blue sky. A perfect day, some would say.

"Hey Em" I greeted the blonde girl with a hug, "thanks for coming to get me."

"Don't worry about it." She smiled, "how are you feeling?"

"Oh you know, the usual." I replied in a slight sarcastic tone.

"I figured, what about the interview, you nervous at all?" She asked as we got into the car and fastened our seatbelts.

"No nerves, I mean you've all reassured me that there's nothing to worry about. Just nervous about the other thing..." I said, emphasising the last word.

"Well, the other thing won't be there today. Shes with-"

"Percy?" I cut her off.

"No, I was gonna say she's with Joy and Johnna."

"Oh, sorry." I laughed.

The car pulled up to a building just passed the set for the show. Emma took me inside and led me down a short hallway then stopped outside a door that had a gold plaque labelled "director".

"This is you." She said smiling.

"You're not coming in with me?" I asked her slightly disappointed.

"I'm not allowed to unfortunately. But I'll be out here when you're done." She smiled, "good luck."

Before I had time to think she knocked on the door and quickly ran back down the hall to the lobby. Great, I thought as I watched her turn the corner. The door opened and I spun round to see Tim Burton stood in front of me. He had a very friendly and welcoming smile which definitely helped to settle my nerves.

"Good morning Miss y/l/n." He smiled.

"Morning Mr Burton." I smiled in return.

"Ah please call me Tim...oh come in, come in."

I sat down in a directors chair, printed on the back was the name 'Aria Hayes'. I don't know why I was sat in her chair but sure, maybe they ran out of chairs.

"So Y/n, the cast have been talking very high about you and I must admit, I've seen you're work and you are a fantastic actress. I would love you for this part. But tell me, what makes you so special?" He took me by surprise with this question.

"Umm, I mean nothing honestly. My job is my passion and I work hard. I get along with people easily which makes chemistry in scenes work great. But I wouldn't say there's anything I have that stands out to anyone else in the cast." I answered honestly.

Tim looked at me blankly for a moment which made me think I had said something wrong, until he smiled and leant forwards to rest his arms on the desk in between us.

"Is that chair comfortable?" He asked me.

"I'm sorry?"

"The chair you're sat in, is it comfortable?" He asked again.

"I never really get how to sit in these things but it's the comfiest one so far yes." I laughed.

"Perfect, it's yours. You got that part!" He congratulated me.

Ohhhh right, I assume Aria Hayes is the name of the character he's interviewing me for.

"Thank you so much." I smiled as I shook his hand.

"I will look forward to working with you, I need you on set Monday at 6 am."

"I'll be there."

I walked out of the room and down the hall smiling with excitement. When I saw Emma, she stood up and ran over to me.

"Oh my god did you get it?" She beamed

"Yes! I got it!"

She pulled me into a tight hug.

"Ugh I'm so proud of you Y/n." She smiled pulling out of the hug, "oh, you know what we need?!"

"What?"

"Celebratory drinks!" Emma exclaimed as she began walking toward the taxi.

"Noooo, the last thing I need is a hangover." I complained.

"I'm paying."

"I changed my mind, let's go!"

A/n: I should be studying but I wrote this for you guys since you deserve an update after waiting forever. Thanks for reading :)