Chapter 8: Going To Namek

After defeating Vegeta, Goku was carried into the ship, and the group somberly headed off to gather the bodies of those who died, especially Raditz who died with honor after saving their lives. Tengoku went to the hospital with her parents and the others. Also, Nappa went to the hospital to recover his back. However, everyone never trusted Nappa for what he has done. Well, he was a Saiyan from outer space and they never trusted him. For those who wanted to get rid of Nappa, Tengoku easily calmed them down, telling them that he is now of them. However, Nappa was eager to prove his worth. So they decided to trust Nappa while making sure he wasn't planning to exterminate them.

Lastly, they needed to find Dragon Balls to wish their friends back to life, but it was impossible that they have already Goku back to life. However, if they decided to find Dragon Balls, it will make one wish to bring one person back to life and find the Dragon Balls for everyone, which will be problematic throughout the year.

Until Nappa began speaking to them, "There are more Dragon Balls in Namek, you guys. It should be easy by fibding them, so that way you guys don't have to go around in this world throughout a year to find Dragon Balls to wish them back."

"Really?" Tengoku asked, sounding surprise.

"That is a great idea, Nappa! We could go to the Namek to find Dragon Balls, but how?" Bulma said.

"Maybe we could use Nappa's ship," Piccolo said, pointing it out.

"You think so?" Tengoku asked him.

"Maybe. Bulma, do you think you could do that?" Piccolo asked, facing her.

She grinned, "I could if Nappa can tell me how to control his spaceship."

Nappa sweatdropped, "Do I really have to tell you this?"

Bulma nodded. Anyhow, she was determined that it was possible to use engines from one of the Saiyan spacecraft to travel to the planet, but in an attempt to bring the space pod to them, she blew it up. It seemed as if all hope was lost until Mr. Popo appeared and said Kami had told him of a ship that might be able to take them to Namek, which was used by Kami long ago to escape the cataclysm on Namek only he doesn't quite remember it happening. Mr. Popo and Bulma went and check it out, and they realize that it was capable of the trip. They made their way back to the hospital and Bulma began her announcement.

"Okay, you guys. Who's going with me first? There is room for three more. The rest while has to wait for my dad ti build another ship." Bulma said, then finding that Piccolo and Tengoku, especially Kirara, are willing to go despite Chichi not wanting Tengoku to go.

"Absolutely not! Tengoku is staying here and that's final!" Chichi protested, not allowing her to go with them.

Everyone frowned, especially Goku.

Tengoku then confronted her mother while Kirara in her kitten form sat on her shoulder and faced her, "But, Mom, I want to help them. If I decided to go with them, they needed my help to bring the others back. I'll come back to finish schoolwork after wishing them back. I even want Uncle Raditz back."

"Nonsense! I forbid you to go there! You've been gone for a year and now you're going out there to leave me and your father here again!? Tennie, you have studies to do! Also, you need to do something else with experience instead of running off to Namek! You know how dangerous it is to go there!" Chichi said.

Despite Bulma not being a mother herself kind of knew his Tengoku operated and how she was an adventure lover, which reminded her of Goku when he was a child. It was way back when she first met Goku and went on an adventure with him.

Bulma frowned while facing Chichi with a serious look, "Chichi, listen to your daughter. Listen to her reasons. Look, I know you wanted her to be safe, but if she decided of wanting to go with us, then you have to stop railing against her every single time when she wants to branch out even just a little. It's only gonna present more."

"It's obvious that Tennie doesn't want to be a scholar," Piccolo pointed it out. Kirara nodded in the agreement as she landed on his left shoulder blade, "She's too driven by her own goals and that age, too."

"Yeah, it's pretty unshakable, Piccolo." Bulma said, eyeing Piccolo and then eyeing Chichi while placing her hands on her hips, "The best thing you can do is to stop projecting your way of thinking onto a person who is obviously not cut from your cloth."

"What makes you two so sure of that!?" Chichi said with ambivalence, glaring at the two.

"Trust me, Chichi, I was with Goku when he was a kid. The same impulsive drives and lust for exploration it's almost identical. Goku flourishes when figuring things out on the fly and yearns for an adventure. If you ever tried to tell him, oh, boy... he'd sulk up with the storm." Bulma said.

Chichi sighed in frustration but still hesitated.

Bulma gazed upon her, "Would it help you if I said I was going to tag along? After all, I doubt Piccolo and Kirara could operate this thing without my oversight."

Chichi sighed in defeat. "Are you guys so sure of keeping her safe? I don't want anything to happen to her..."

Tengoku approached her mother and gave her a warm smile. "I'll come back before you know it, Mom."

"You promise?" Chichi said as her onyx eyes are now filling up with tears.

Tengoku hugged her mother and said, "Promise."

Goku smiled at them after seeing the whole scene. "That's my girl."

So after a short trip to Kame House, Bulma, Tengoku, Kirara, and Piccolo set off on a trip to Namek. Although Piccolo wanted to see what his home planet looked like since he have never heard of and had never seen of. Anyhow,  they suffered some delays on their way to Namek.