Chapter 12: Frieza

Dende reached them with the important message, they took the Dragon Balls from a sleeping Vegeta and headed away from Frieza's spaceship. Dende summoned Porunga by speaking the Namekian language. They set out to make their wish, which was to revive Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, Chiaotzu, and Raditz. 

The Dragon informed them that he can only wish back one person at a time. With King Kai's help, Raditz communicated telepathically to Tengoku and asked her to restore his life, in effect allowing for the others to also be revived with a wish. Piccolo asks for the second wish for Raditz to teleport him to Namek, wanting to exact revenge on Frieza for killing his people. They agree to this and made their wishes.

"You son of bitches!" They were interrupted when the two blinked in shock to hear an angry familiar voice. They turned around and faced Vegeta.

"Vegeta!" Piccolo blinked.

"You summoned the Dragon without me!" Vegeta snarled as his hand charged with dangerous Ki, "You just threw away my only chance to defeat Frieza!"

"We haven't, you son of a bitch!" Piccolo growled, a bit relieved to see the Ki in Vegeta's hand vanish at the words.

"Oh, really? It looks like I've got here just in time!" Vegeta smirked, focusing his gaze on the small Namekian in particular, "Tell him to grant me immortality now! The longer you wait, the closer Frieza gets!" -He picked up Dende by his scarf, shaking him roughly- "And the longer you thrash him around like that, the longer you have to wait! Frieza is going to get here any second!"

"Why can't we grant Tengoku immortality?" Raditz's voice interrupted and everyone glanced at him in shock, "Vegeta, you don't deserve it!" He said firmly, much to Vegeta's disgust.

"Uncle Raditz!" Tengoku cried out, running towards him and hugging him. She was happy to see her uncle again after they got a chance to bring him back. Raditz hugged her back in relief.

"I missed you, Uncle Raditz," Tengoku said.

"I missed you, too, Tenny," Raditz responded to her happily. Then he looked up and saw Piccolo standing there with his arms crossed. He gave him a slight smirk before Piccolo could respond. After a hug, they faced Vegeta without hesitation.

"Are you serious, Raditz? Why do you care for a little runt!?" Vegeta snapped, releasing Dende, "I'm the one with the most battle experience! It will take more than just immortality to take down Frieza! She is still just a little brat who is weak than us!"

Tengoku huffed, crossing her arms, "Is that what you think of me?" She muttered, turning to thoughtfully look down at the shaking Dende, "I think I'm a little more than just a mere kitten. If you think it's going to take more than immortality to defeat Frieza, then just wish for the Dragon Balls."

Vegeta scowled in response. Suddenly, the Dragon rumbled lowly while glowing with a dull yellow light.

"What's going on?" Vegeta gasped, clenching his teeth when the Dragon's red eyes faded to black and the majestic creature vanished in a flicker of light.

The seven Dragon Balls fell back to the ground, turning back into large useless stones as they slammed into the ground.

"Why did that happen? Why did the Dragon Balls just turn to stone?" Vegeta demanded as Dende fell to his knees in despair.

"The Grand Elder..." He whimpered, tears flooding his eyes, "The Grand Elder has passed away," He sniffled, "Without the Dragon Ball's creator, they won't work anymore!"