Chapter 10: Hell And Back

After saving Dende, the three began to walk, seeing the cave they had previously hidden in within only five minutes. They proceeded in, a bit surprised to see a full capsule house situated within the cave. The door opened hesitantly and Bulma peeked out her head cautiously.

"And where have you two been?" She demanded, seeing it was not any enemy, "You should be ashamed of yourselves! Leaving a defenseless flower like me all alone!"

Piccolo groaned, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

When Bulma was about to protest from hearing groaning, she suddenly gasped and pointed behind them, "Hey, who's the kid? He looks like a mini version of Piccolo," Bulma asked curiously, making an exciting noise, "He's a Namekian, isn't he?"

"Don't scare him like that. He thinks you're a threat." Piccolo said, glaring at her a bit.

Tengoku smiled encouragingly at Dende, sensing his slight fear of the blue-haired woman, "It's okay, Dende. Bulma won't hurt you."

"Can we just go inside? I'll tell you later because it's kinda complicated." Piccolo sighed with a sweatdrop, though Bulma just smiled knowingly at him.

"You won't believe this! I talked to my Father earlier and he said that Goku is already on his way to Namek! He's only about six days away from here!" She said eagerly, beaming when the two shook with enthusiasm.

"Really?" Tengoku breathed out excitedly, cheering loudly along with Bulma and Kirara, except Piccolo who stood there with arms crossed while watching.

"We might actually make it out of this alive!" Tengoku laughed with relief, pumping her fist into the air.

"Goku will definitely save us!" Bulma said happily.

***

After a meal, Dende explained to them that there is a Dragon Ball kept safe with Grand Elder Guru. However, Guru was far away and it would take quite some time to get to him, even if they flew there. Piccolo took a big chance and went alone with Dende to retrieve the Dragon Ball from Guru. This leaves Tengoku to temporarily fend for herself while staying on Kirara's side.

Piccolo was taken to Guru, the eldest and leader of the Namekians, who was very ill. It was revealed that if Guru died, then the Namekian Dragon Balls will be gone forever, therefore threatening the revival of Yamcha, Raditz, Tien, and Chiaotzu. To make things worse, Guru stated that he does not have much time to live. When Guru put his hands on Piccolo, he realized that he was good at heart because of Tengoku who had changed him to be a better person and gave him a Dragon Ball to prevent Frieza and Vegeta from getting their wish, at the very least. He also summoned the energy and awakened the hidden potential within Piccolo, increasing his battle power significantly.

"What have you done to me?" Piccolo questioned, looking down at his body in amazement as he seemed to throb with power.

The Grand Elder Namekian smiled as Dende looked on in awe, "I have simply awakened your dormant power." He replied.

"I see," He was adjusting the Dragon Ball the Grand Elder had given him, "Hey, do you think you can awaken Tengoku's power?" He asked, thinking of Tengoku.

"Of course, if there is the power to awaken," The Grand Elder smiled, "I assume you have someone in mind?"

"Yes, if I bring her to see you so you can awaken her dormant power, too?" Piccolo asked, he was smirking at him when the Grand Elder quickly agreed.

"Bring her to me. The more friends we have, the better chance that Namek has to survive this assault," The old Namekian stated, "Take the Dragon Ball with you. The fate of my planet and possibly the universe rests in your hands."

Piccolo nodded, walking to the exit, "Dende, just wait here. I'll bring back Tengoku as quickly as I can." He smirked, nodding at Dende's advice to be careful. He took off in the direction that he came from.

***

Bulma blinked, looking at the radar a bit more closely, "One of the Dragon Balls is on the move," She murmured out loud, catching Tengoku's attention, "And it's headed in our direction. Do you think that could be Piccolo?"

Tengoku grinned happily, "It has to be! Mr. Piccolo and Dende made it to the Grand Elder safely!"

Bulma smiled back, though she blinked when another one appeared on the radar, "Hey, look. There's another one and it's just sitting there," She narrowed her eyes, pointing to five clustered together, "These five have to be the ones that Frieza guy has already collected, but this one is all by itself..."

Tengoku glanced down curiously, "It's in the direction of that village where Vegeta was attacking earlier!" She furrowed her brows, expanding her senses, "But, he isn't there anymore! I don't sense their Ki!"

Bulma brightened, "I get it now! The Dragon Ball must be still there because Vegeta couldn't find it and he moved on in frustration!"

"Bulma, you have to let me borrow the radar! I'm going to track that Dragon Ball before they come back!" Tengoku smiled when Bulma eagerly handed over the radar, ruffling her hair affectionately. She sighed in contentment at the feeling, closing her eyes and feeling rather wistful because this reminded her of when she does that to Shippo all the time...

Shippo... Tengoku thought. She missed him so much. She snapped out of her thoughts, quickly taking off with Kirara by her side to the location of the lone Dragon Ball to collect it.

However, while returning to Bulma, Piccolo's huge power, unfortunately, attracted Vegeta, who also noticed that he has a Dragon Ball. Zarbon also saw Vegeta in the distance and followed him.

Vegeta arrived as Piccolo prepared for a fight and Bulma became frightened. Zarbon arrived as well, demanding that they hand over the Dragon Ball. Bulma quickly found herself attracted to Zarbon's appearance. However, Zarbon and Vegeta collide in a fearsome clash and Zarbon was forced to transform once again to take down Vegeta, leaving Bulma to watch in horror.

Since a Saiyan's power grew after every brutally grueling near-death battle, Vegeta was able to execute Zarbon in his transformed state by ramming his fist clean through his stomach and blasting him into the sky, sending him to a watery grave in the Namekian sea.

He then took Krillin's Dragon Ball and spared the two in his moment of joy, believing that he now has all Seven Dragon Balls. As Tengoku and Kirara returned, she saw what happened when Piccolo ignored the pain, "Come on! I'm going to take you to the Grand Elder so he can tap into your dormant power," He smirked, "If Namek's Dragon Balls are anything like Earth's, then I'm sure it will have a password or phrase. Vegeta won't know it, so we have an advantage over them."

"Right," Tengoku nodded with a serious expression, "Let's hurry!" He sped off, following Piccolo as close as she could.