Chapter 50: Lord Beerus The God of Destruction

Somewhere far away, the mysterious attendant walked slowly with a serious look. As he arrived in the bedroom, alarm bombs were exploding, but the certain God of Destruction continued his thirty-nine-year-long slumber.

"Lord Beerus, it's time! It's time to wake up!" The attendant called out to him from above.

The god's ear twitched as he groaned, rolling over his bed.

"And don't fall back to sleep. Recall that it was you yourself after all who set the alarm bomb to go off at this time. I'd hate to see you oversleep and for one of your backup alarms." He said before the alarm bomb went off.

"Fine, Whis... I'm up..." However Lord Beerus couldn't because he was still tired, which made Whis more serious.

He sighed in annoyance. "I just don't want you sleeping for fifteen years, too, and waking up groggy like the last time, but if you require some more coddling."

Then the god's attendant threatened to perform an 'awakening song' if he did not arise.

"I said I'm up!" Terrified, Beerus shot awake and proceeded to slide down from his bed atop a floating rock.

He was still cranky, having been woken up fifteen years earlier than before, but was reminded by Whis that he was the one that set this as the time of his next awakening, and he was then questioned about his wanting to be woken early. Beerus, now cleaning his fur, stated that something in this era concerned him.

As he proceeded to eat breakfast, Beerus questioned Whis about the galactic tyrant Frieza and whether or not he had destroyed Planet Vegeta. Whis confirmed the planet's obliteration, and Beerus was pleased to hear this.

He then stated that he was not particularly fond of the people on that planet, specifically King Vegeta. It is revealed that Beerus planned to destroy the planet himself, but he never bothered because it was so distant. Beerus then revealed his distaste toward the evil Frieza as well, and he decided to destroy him next. However, Whis informed Beerus that Frieza was killed some time ago by a Saiyan named Goku, who is also known by his birth name, Kakarot, and a Saiyan Priestess named Tengoku, who is the reincarnation of Priestess Kagome Higurashi and the daughter of Goku.

"They defeated Frieza!?" Beerus shouted in shock.

Whis' face went flutter as he saw Beerus naked, so he looked away and said, "Oh... The water is not that deep, My Lord."

Beerus blushed in embarrassment as he sunk into the water, covering himself. "So you're telling me about a Saiyan and a reincarnated Saiyan Priestess who somehow bested Frieza?"

Whis nodded. "Yes. I've said they called Goku and Tengoku though Kakarot has given a Saiyan name while his daughter is the reincarnation of the Shikon Priestess called Kagome Higurashi. And at the moment, it appears that he's been doing some training on the North Kai's world while his daughter has been doing some working experience with Lord Sesshomaru, the son of Inu no Taisho."

"I see. Lord Sesshomaru, huh? Haven't seen him for a while." Beerus said as he faced Whis, "Suspicious, can you show me what he and his daughter look like."

Whis then used his scepter like a projector to display the past battle between Super Saiyan Goku, his daughter Tengoku as a child, and Frieza on Namek.

Whis then noted that while nearly all of the Saiyans were destroyed along with their planet, a few survived and are living on other worlds, including the Saiyan Prince himself, Vegeta, and the lower-class warrior Saiyan Raditz who claimed to be an older brother of Goku.

Whis also showed Lord Beerus what Tengoku looked like in the past when she was the previous Shikon Priestess Kagome Higurashi who was also the reincarnation of another priestess named Kikyo. He explained to Beerus about the Shikon Jewel, lastly, it was wished away by a half-demon dog named Inuyasha after the death of Kagome Higurashi.

"I see now. And yet, the Shikon Jewel is one of the dangerous manipulations." Beerus said while watching, Beerus touched and destroyed one of the eggs he was eating, and was genuinely surprised that anyone else could take down Frieza, especially a child who went Super Saiyan early. Whis then further explained that the surviving Saiyans have acquired the ability to transform into Super Saiyans. The phrase appeared to be familiar to Beerus, and he then recalled having dreamed of battling something similar, a Super Saiyan God.

He was convinced this must have been a prophetic dream but was reminded by Whis that his dreams had been very unreliable in the past. To settle the matter, Beerus decided to consult with the Oracle Fish. He questioned the fish on whether or not a prediction was once made about his one-day confronting a mighty warrior, but the Oracle Fish does not recall ever having stated this. However, Beerus was convinced that it was stated, so the fish agrees that it must have been so.

Now, Beerus has no doubt that this warrior must be the Super Saiyan God. Whis was still skeptical, however, and found it hard to imagine anyone posing a real challenge for Beerus.

"Whis, show me what this Tengoku looks like now. I haven't got to see her yet." Beerus ordered.

"Yes, Lord Beerus." He used a scepter and showed Beerus what Tengoku looked like now. It was then that Beerus had never seen a young Saiyan Priestess so beautiful. The way she has long black hair and onyx eyes. He couldn't take his eyes off her.

She looks interesting, Beerus thought. I had never seen her so beautiful before. No wonder why she is the reincarnation of the Shikon Priestess.

"Whis, take me to North Kai. I would like to meet this Goku and then his daughter." Beerus ordered.

"Of course, My Lord." Then they decided to track down this foe by hunting down the remaining Saiyans. Whis revealed that most of them are on Earth, which was "Planet 4032-877". However, the one who defeated Frieza, Goku, was currently on King Kai's planet, so the two set off to confront him.