Chapter 41: Vegeta's Sacrifice

Majin Vegeta finally made his way to the location of Majin Buu and Babidi's spaceship and believed Tengoku has been killed because he was unable to sense her ki. Showing sincere remorse for Tengoku and desiring to avenge her, Majin Vegeta continued his pursuit of Majin Buu, but his entrance does not go unnoticed. He completely destroyed Babidi's ship and discovered that Majin Buu was the one who killed Gohan, much to Piccolo's shock and horror.

No... Tenny... She can't be dead! Piccolo thought, feeling grief for his apprentice's death

Raditz and Shippo felt the same way.

Right now, Majin Buu went up against Majin Vegeta, who managed to violently pummel Majin Buu. Majin Vegeta, whose abilities are equivalent to a Super Saiyan Two, continued to best Majin Buu in hand-to-hand combat, but Majin Buu kept regenerating.

Frustrated at his inability to hurt his opponent, Majin Vegeta began to verbally assault Majin Buu which succeeded in angering the pink monster. Majin Buu powered up and injured Majin Vegeta badly. Majin Buu then attacked the injured Saiyan and angrily beat him to a pulp.

Enraged to see his father being tortured, Trunks and Bulla saved Vegeta with Goten and Ranch's help and kicked Majin Buu away.

Piccolo sliced Babidi in half after he taunted Vegeta for being defeated, despite the wizard's best attempt to shield himself.

Vegeta concluded that he must do everything he can to safeguard his family and adoptive home.

"You need to take care of your mother," Vegeta said to his two beloved children, which caused them.

"Take care of Mom? You can do that, too, right?" Bulla said with a curious look.

Vegeta didn't say anything.

"Dad?" Trunks called out to him.

"I want you kids to go as far away from here. As for Buu, I will fight him alone." Vegeta said.

"Don't do this, Vegeta! He'll kill you!" Ranch pleaded with him.

"We can't let you do this alone! We'll fight with you!" Bulla said.

"They're right! You can't do this alone! We'll fight with you!" Trunks said.

For the first time, Vegeta slowly embraced his two children, which shocked them. And so are Ranch and Goten.

"There is something you must know... You've made me proud, my children." It was then Vegeta knocked out both of the children as they tried to convince him to let them help.

"Ranch! What the hell, Vegeta! That's my daughter you hit her, Vegeta!" Raditz shouted in anger, picking Ranch up in his arms.

"You and Piccolo take the kids to safety. I'll fight Buu alone," Vegeta said.

"You'll die, Vegeta," Piccolo warned him.

Then Vegeta asked Piccolo and Raditz if they were still going to see Goku in the Other World.

Piccolo told Vegeta that because of Goku's heroism and selfless nature, he was allowed to keep his body and travel to King Kai's planet. He then told Vegeta that when he died, he will not receive the same reward as Goku, as he lived his life for his own selfish gains.

"I don't care. Just leave with the kids." Then Piccolo and Raditz took the kids and took off with Krillin and Shippo who both raced away from the area as Vegeta attempted to kill Majin Buu with a massive blast that blow Majin Buu to pieces.

Despite this heroic effort, Majin Buu regenerated and healed Babidi from Piccolo's attack; rendering the late Saiyan Prince's sacrifice a vain one.

***

Bulma sensed that something terrible has happened to her husband. To remedy this, she and the others speed off to collect the Dragon Balls. They summoned Shenron and made the first wish that everyone who died since the morning of the World Martial Arts Tournament can come back to life except for the evil ones. All the people killed by Majin Vegeta and Dabura come back to life.

***

Meanwhile, on the battlefield, Goku wakes up and regained consciousness and does not sense Vegeta or Tengoku anywhere, meaning that they are dead.

No... Not them... Not even my little girl... He teleported to the lookout.

After Goku was fully healed, Raditz and Piccolo explained to Goku what happened while he was unconscious and also told him about what happened to Tengoku and Vegeta.

Goku witnessed that Shenron was summoned and decided to go to Capsule Corp to put a stop to it. Goku then teleported there and stopped them from making the next wish, and Shenron went away for 4 months instead of a whole year.

He teleported them all to The Lookout. Chichi asked where are Tengoku and Goten and Bulma asked where are Trunks, Bulla, and Vegeta. There, he told them that the four kids are safe and alright, but Tengoku and Vegeta are dead because Majin Buu destroyed them both.

Everyone was shocked. Chichi fainted about Tengoku's death, Bulma screamed and cried for Vegeta in heartbreaking, and Videl became heartbroken and cried, but refused to believe that her best friend was dead.