Chapter 36: The World Tournament

Everyone is excited to see who will fight in the tournament while Tengoku was hanging out with her best friend Videl, and one of her companions, Shippo, Soten, their three children, Hachi, and Kirara.

At first, Videl was happy to meet them when she heard a lot of them because Tengoku had told her when they first meet at high school as freshmen. However, Videl was surprised as she never expect to meet one of Shippo's three kids who looked excited to meet, but Soten told them to behave and be easy on her, so they showed Videl some respect.

Lastly, Videl greeted Hachi that she is nice to meet him while she was petting Kirara as she thought she was Tengoku's pet. Kirara landed on Videl's shoulder and licked her face, making her laugh.

"Your pet is cute," Videl said to Tengoku.

She smiled at her. "Thanks, Videl."

Suddenly, she saw Sesshomaru sitting there alone who was watching them. She wondered why he was here, but she figured he wanted to be there for her in the tournament. Not only she remembered the warning that Sesshomaru had told her about the wise man and Majin Buu.

"Can you guys wait here for a minute?" Tengoku asked them before going to meet up with Sesshomaru.

Videl nodded to her. "Sure."

Tengoku came to the bleacher and faced Sesshomaru who already saw her coming in.

"Sesshomaru," Tengoku began awkwardly.

"Priestess," Sesshomaru said.

"So you came here to watch the tournament?" Tengoku asked him curiously.

"I have no interest in watching them fight in the tournament. I only came here to investigate." Sesshomaru said.

She blinked. "Investigate? You mean the Majin Buu and the wise man that you're talking about?"

He nodded. "Yes. Not only there are demons out there in the tournament. You must be careful because they have already granted their powers and become much stronger. Make sure to keep the others safe."

Tengoku nodded. "Alright."

"Lord Fluffy? Is that you?" It was Shippo who saw them talking.

Sesshomaru glared at him. "Do not call This Sesshomaru a nickname, Shippo."

"It is you! Long time no see! How are you been?" Shippo walked up to him in the bleacher and shook his hand.

"Hn."

"Okay then... So you don't want to talk about how we last seen each other?" Shippo said with a sweatdrop.

"Hello, Lord Sesshonaru! I am happy to see you again. It has been a few years since we last seen each other." Hachi said happily.

"Hn." Sesshomaru nodded to him. Kirara mewed as she leaped onto Sesshomaru's lap, letting him know that she was happy to see him again.

Sesshomaru gave her a pet on her back and said, "This Sesshomaru is happy to see you as well, Kirara." After that, he faced Tengoku and said, "Tengoku, This Sesshomaru suggests you get ready for the tournament. I believe your little brother is going first."

"Okay." Then Tengoku went back to the others before the tournament starts.

Sesshomaru looked at the others. "You may sit with This Sesshomaru, but do not let your children bother This Sesshomaru while watching the tournament."

Shippo nodded. "Of course, Lord Fluffy!"

Then the tournament begins with the Junior Division first and then the Adult Division. Goten and Trunks, who are in the Junior Division, easily defeated their opponents and made it to the finals.

In the final round, they fought each other while the two boys cheated countless times, such as using energy attacks on each other. They were seemingly matched while the crowd watched in awe and Chichi and Bulma argued about whose son will win.

In the midst of the battle, while Trunks has Goten bound, Goten transformed, thereby breaking the pact not to transform. Mr. Satan was horrified to see that the boy resembled the blonde-haired warrior who beat Cell.

Trunks bet that he can beat Goten without using his left arm, but this gave Goten the advantage.

In the end, Trunks won by transforming and using an energy blast to push Goten out of the arena, making him the Junior Champion. Goten was angry that Trunks cheated but he said that they are even because they both cheated.

Trunks was given a special chance to face Mr. Satan who tried to ask the boy to treat it as a joke, but Trunks defeated him with his 'lightest' punch, which sent him out of the arena and pained his cheek.

Bored with the Junior Division, Trunks convinced Goten to enter the Adult Division by disguising themselves as the Mighty Mask Trunks tricked the real Mighty Mask into thinking that someone was going challenge him to an arm-wrestling match and knocked him unconscious as he and Goten stole his costume and wear it.

Goku and the Z Fighters met an unusual pair of beings who go by the names Shin and Kibito. The Z Warriors immediately have a strange feeling about the two. Shin came up to Goku and asked if he was Goku, after confirming, the stranger said he was looking forward to competing against him.

After shaking hands, Shin said that Goku was as brave as people say he was. As they left, Piccolo said he has a bad feeling about them and that they are strong to which Goku agreed. Having successfully made the Tournament finals, the group proceed to draw lots for the upcoming matches which turn out as follows.

Lastly, Vegeta was excited at being matched with Goku, who was equally interested. Krillin came out victorious from his match with Pintar. Piccolo was matched against the mysterious Shin who revealed his true identity.

Seemingly terrified, Piccolo has withdrawn from the match, telling Goku, Tengoku, and the others that he believed Shin was actually the Supreme Kai, which shocked everyone because the Supreme Kai was thought to be a myth.

A/N: This is what Tengoku's gi looks like. By the way, let me if you see the picture or not because it's weird when nobody can see what their appearance looks like.