Chapter 21: You're What?!

Sunday I didn't do much but daydream about Ryan. Like, I seriously can't wait until our second date, right now I just wanna hang out with him. We don't even have to do an activity or anything. However at this moment I'm watching a Lifetime movie, a thriller is so needed right now. As I watched the movie my phone rang, checking the caller id it was Ejay.

"Uhh..hello?"

"Hey Mackenzie!"

"Hey Ejay, what's up?"

"Nothing much, I need some advice."

"I don't know how much I can help...but I'm definitely here for you."

"Ok well....I'm dating someone an-"

"You're dating someone?!"

"Yes, I thought I just said that."

"Ok, you don't have to act like that though."

"Well I am, and yeah I'm dating someone. I know you didn't think I was tryin to talk to yo ass."

"Ok, you can chill little boy. Anyways! What's her name?

"That's the thing....it's not a her."

"I'm not understanding...."

"You're so damn stupid...I'm gay."

"YOU'RE WHAT?!"

"Gay, I'm gay. I like fucking men."

"OMG! OMG! OMG!"

"Ok girl, you can calm your ass down. It's not like it's a secret..well it kinda is."

"You just told me so easily, so why is it a secret?"

"I'm out to my family and friends, just not school."

"Oh, why not? I mean you told everyone you care about, shit..it doesn't matter what other people think."

"I know it doesn't matter, but it matters to guys on the baseball team. I don't know how they'll react to me being gay."

"Oh."

"Yeah, and I'm talking to someone at school. He doesn't get why I wanna be secret at school."

"Did you tell him about the guys on the team?"

"Yes! I told him people might treat me different at school and he said he really doesn't care."

"Well shit..maybe you should look for someone else, he's not that understanding. "

"I guess, but the only reason he acts that way is because he's been in a relationship before where he was a secret the entire time.."

"Does he understand that it's only at school, that y'all can kiss or whatever in front of your friends and family?"

"I really don't know, but I like him like a lot and I want to be with him. He just has to understand I'm trying to get a scholarship for baseball and they won't be all that interested if I'm gay. It's wrong, but that's the damn truth."

"I know it is, I don't know. Maybe sit him down and try to get him to understand that you want to be with him and care about him, but your future is important and you don't want to mess up. And it's wrong for people to treat you some type of way because of your sexuality yet...that's just how life is."

"I think that sounds pretty good, I'll call him to meet up or whatever."

"Yeah, and show him your fat dick. He'll forgive you after that." I said laughing wildly.

"If you don't shut the hell up! I'll talk to you later."

"Ok baby boy, bye."

"Bye." Ejay said, before hanging up.

I wouldn't have expected it, that he was gay. It's fucking surprising. I don't have a problem with it or anything. Just, super fucking surprising. I really don't care about his sexuality, I just hope our friendship is something real...I can't deal with fake friendships anymore.