Chapter 27: Talk

Mackenzie's POV

I've really been trying everything with Ryan, the sexy shorts and sexual gestures. Yet, he's not doing anything to me. The only thing he did was jerk off in the bathroom, I mean....I guess that's some progress. But, I would have much rather him dry humping me or something, instead of rushing to the damn bathroom.

I missed a few days of school because of the fight, and had lots of work to do. Which meant, I didn't have any time at all to help Ryan. Though I wanted to see him and be around him, I didn't want to be clingy. I've tried everything I could and if he's not feeling it....who am I to force it or make him feel uncomfortable?

I reached the cafeteria and sat at a table placed in the corner, near the exit. Placing my bag and books on the table, I pulled out my lunch and began eating. Of course, I had other people I could have talked to, yet I didn't feel like dealing with anyone today. Eating silently, I looked up, and my eyes connected with Ryan.

Quickly, I looked away and focused on my food. For some reason I'm just not feeling anything today and for sure don't feel like talking. I know I said I didn't care if he didn't want to date me or anything, but it really did hurt my feelings. I literally just wanted to talk to him and be listened to. I felt my eyes getting wet from thinking about him, and all I really wanted was for someone to listen to me. Sometimes I feel like he's the only person I can talk to, maybe he is the only person I can talk to. My parents are too busy and I don't feel any connection to anyone else in my family. Sometimes I just feel so lost and hopeless.

I felt a stray tear roll down my face, without a second thought, I quickly packed my things and left the cafeteria. Running down the stairs, I made it to the second floors bathroom and locked myself in the handicapped stall. Dropping my things and I started sobbing loudly, trying to control myself I covered my mouth.

"Mackenzie?" I heard Ryan call out for me. I didn't want to face him, and I damn sure didn't feel like crying in front of him, so I didn't say anything.

I could hear Ryan close and lock the door behind him. His shoes tapping the bathroom tile as he made every footstep. He would walk and then the tapping of his shoes would stop, I'm guessing he was checking every stale. Once making it to mine he grabbed the door handle and tried opening it.

"Open the door for me." I tried clearing my throat before speaking so he would think nothing was wrong.

"Why Ryan?" I asked in the clearest voice I could muster. I took my phone out of my pocket to check my face, hurriedly wiping away the tears.

"Because you're crying and I don't want you to cry."

"I'm not crying." I said while trying to keep myself from crying.

"If you're not crying then open the door, I wanna see you."

"No you don't."

"Why would you say that? Of course I wanna see you." I shook my head at him and couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Ha..I know you want to see me. Like every other guy wants to see me, bent over like the trash everyone sees me as."

"Don't say that. That shit isn't even true."

"It's not true? Ha....after what Vonté has said about me, my fucking reputation is fragile, literally hanging on my a thin thread."

"It's not Kenzie."

"Yes, it is. Everyone believes I'm a hoe, and I continue to try and act like everything is ok but it's not. You even treat me like I'm a fucking whore."

"Don't say that fuckin shit." I could hear the angry lanced in his voice."

"Why? Because it's true? Everything we do or say is sexual towards each other, like everyone else you just want to fuck me."