Chapter 22: Money Man

Since I don't have friends school seemed like it was going by super fast. I'm walking upstairs to the cafeteria, I really don't care about them anymore. If they want to stare at me while I eat, or try to talk to me. I'm just going to ignore it, I said what I had to say and that's the end of that. As I was in front of the cafeteria doors, Ryan came out.

"Hey."

"Hey." I replied looking down.

"Did you bring a lunch?"

"No, I was just going to buy a school lunch."

"That nasty shit?" He questioned laughing.

"Yes that nasty shit, I'm super hungry and I need food."

"You wanna go out for lunch, you can ride with me?"

"I didn't bring that much money with me."

"You don't have to pay. Lunch is on me." Can lunch really be on him, like some chocolate strawberries and I would happily lick them up off of him.

"I don't want you to spend all your money on me."

"I'm the Money Man, don't worry about the cost. I'll get you whatever you want."

"Money Man?"

"Yes."

"You need to slow down on that rap music I see." I said walking back down the stairs. 

*************************
After signing ourselves out for lunch we hopped in his truck.

"Where do you want to eat?"

"Doesn't matter to me." I wasn't being picky with the place, it's not like I'm spending my own money.

"Coney Island would be really good right now."

"Yes, let's go to Coney Island..but not that same place. I don't feel like fighting random bitches."

"That was one time, and she was crazy."

"One time too many."

"It's this nice Coney Island I like, they have bomb ass chili cheese fries."

"Sounds good to me." 

************************
When we pulled in front of the Coney, Ryan walked around to my side and opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I said as I got out of the truck and walked into the restaurant.

We sat at a booth near the back exit, he didn't care where we sat, but I wanted to sit back here for more privacy. The waitress came to the table holding two menus.

"Hello, my name is Sandy and I'll be your waitress. Can I start you guys off with drinks?"

"Sure, I would like a Coca Cola." Ryan said, flipping through the menu.

"And I would like a Strawberry milkshake."

"I'll get those." Sandy walked away, going into the kitchen.

"So, is this our second date?" I asked looking down at the menu.

"Uhhh...I wouldn't call it our second date but probably more of a pre-second date."

"Ha..I guess that's cool." We flipped threw our menus and both figured out what we were going to order.

"Here are your drinks guys. Are y'all ready to order?" She asked as she placed the drinks in front of us and pulled out her notepad.

"Yeah, I would like a double bacon cheeseburger with a side of fries with cheese."

"Ok, and for you Sir?"