Chapter 3: Credit Recovery

I wish Ms.Bailey could have told me about this in the beginning of the week. Now it's Friday and yesterday I had to stay up all night finding notes, practicing problems, and flipping through this thick ass packet. I got up at 5:30 in the morning to get ready to meet Ryan. For some reason in the past I've always seen him as someone higher, yet, now he seems to be a regular person who struggles with chemistry. I set my clothes out the night before so I wouldn't waste anytime in the morning. 

After doing my morning routine, I made my way back to my room to get ready. I moisturized my body, then placed my short navy pencil skirt on that stopped mid-thigh, black & white hightop converse, short sleeved white button down shirt, and my mint colored bow tie. I let my hair hang freely in big loopy curls and put on mascara, also putting on shiny gloss. After yesterday, I had to make myself feel better about the Chris situation, to put a pep in my step I decided to look cute. I grabbed my things making my way downstairs quietly, because everyone was still asleep. Before leaving out the back door I grabbed my lunch, an apple to eat on my way to school, and a bottled water.

I pulled up to the school noticing that Ryan was standing outside. I drove past him, parked my car, and made my way to the front entrance of the school. I stopped in front of him.

"Good Morning." I said while smiling. Before he said anything he looked over me and smirked, staring at my legs.

"Good Morning." He retorted in his deep voice. I couldn't help but be slightly nervous by the way he was staring at me.

"Did you just get here?" I asked while trying not to stare at his juicy lips.

"Yeah. You drove up right after my mom."

"Oh cool. Ready to go in?" He nodded and we made our way to the front doors.

Ryan stood in front of me so he could open the door but he couldn't. I pressed the buzzer so someone could open the door, but no one did.

"I'll just call the desk to see if someone will answer." I nodded at him and watched as he pulled his phone out. He dialed and waited.......waited......waited, then he hung up.

"No one answered, I guess it's too early."

"Shit! Then where should we go?" School started at 8:30, it didn't seem too early for SOMEBODY to be in there.

"We can find a lil café somewhere. Something like the Detroit Café."

"Do you think they would be open this early?"

"Shit...I didn't even think about that." We both stood there not really knowing what to do. Then I got an idea.

"Why don't we go to that little park near the River Walk?"

"Yeah that's cool. Or I could buy you breakfast and we can work at Coney Island?"

I think I just fell in love with him. I LOVE Coney Island and I LOVE free food.

"Your idea is better. Let's go." I walked in front of him leading the way.

"God damn..." he whispered. I turned around to face him.

"What did you say?"

"Nothin." He said quickly looking down at the ground.

"Ok"

I turned back around making my way back to my car. I was kinda far in front of Ryan when I went searching for my keys. I stopped to look in my bag when everything fell out of it.

"Shit." I hissed as I bent over to pick up my things.

"That ass..." I heard from behind me, in a low tone.