Chapter 30: The Truth

I didn't call Mackenzie or even text her because I had to come up with what to say. Truthfully, I wish I could just lie to her about everything but she's so damn difficult.

This morning, I moved as slow as I could, I'm just not feeling school today at all. I wore khaki cargo pants, a light blue button down shirt, navy bow tie, and boat dock shoes. I'm really trying to look the best I can today to distract her from what I'm saying. I mean, Ken isn't uptight with stuff, but she's not the most calm with me. Her and I kinda just have that kind of relationship, we yell and curse at each other, and I just hope it turns into us having sex.

School today is very slow and boring, yet when it hit 12:00 for lunch, I knew it was going to end. Around 12:30 I went upstairs to the cafeteria, finding Mackenzie, I sat down directly in front of her. First, she looked but didn't say anything to me.

"Come on baby, don't ignore me." I tried touching her hand at which she pulled away.

"Hey Shay!" She waved at some girl at a nearby table.

"Babe, don't do that shit. I'm really trying to talk to you."

"Ryan, I said don't talk to me unless you figure who that bitch is. Since you act like you don't know her ass." Ken packed her things and left the cafeteria. Like always, I ran after her.

"I found out who she is!" I yelled down the stairwell.

Mackenzie stopped immediately and looked up at me. I ran down the stairs until I made it in front of her.

"So....you really didn't know her?" She asked looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

I could see in her eyes she was sorry about not believing me. I wish all this drama would just go away but I know it's not. I just don't want anymore negativity brought into our relationship, we should only be thinking about each other, not people in the past.

"We should go to the library to talk." I grabbed her hand and lead her through the school. I wanted to go somewhere calm, hopefully she won't spaz if people are around.

We walked into the library, of course it was extremely quiet. Many students were studying or typing. From the entrance, I could see an empty table sitting in the corner. Taking no extra time, I made my way to the table and pulled out Ken's chair. Sitting down across from her, I took a few deep breaths.

"Who was she? It was a prank from your friend or something?" Mackenzie asked with joy in her voice, she held my hands and kissed the back of them.

"It was someone from the past...."

"Oh.." She replied dropping my hands and putting hers under the table. Weirdly, my hands felt cold without her touch.

"You know someone by the name of Lauren?"

"No, I don't. Why should I?" I could tell she was beginning to get angry.

"Lauren Moore?"

"No, I don't know who the fuck that is Ryan."

"Baby, just listen to me for a second. You know her, if you don't know her personally, then you've seen her before."

"Ryan, I'm telling you I don't know this bitch. You obviously do tho, she's your girlfriend." Ken tried her best to whisper but it didn't work, she was still speaking loudly.

"Let me show you a picture of her." I pulled out my phone and opened Instagram.

"Sure, you want me to see a picture of your girlfriend. I don't know what you're interested in, but I'm not talking to you when you have a girlfriend." She went to stand up and leave, at which I stopped her.