One

Third Person's POV

This was something Delia Vars had never wanted to happen.

This was the life she had left behind seventeen years ago, but she should have known better.

Known that the life she had spent so much time running for would eventually catch up and she hadn't prepared anyone for it.

Not her sons

Not her husband

And not her stepdaughter.

Seventeen years ago she had left the life she was raised in and made the hardest decision of leaving behind her daughter and husband who she loved dearly to save four out of her five children from the traumatic upbringing she had, she would not let her children grow up the way she did and they hadn't.

But now they were unprepared.

Delia was driving so much faster than she had in a while, and it took her back to her teenage years, races and fights, all with Angelo, the man who was first her best friend and then her husband and now her ex.

"Mom?" Delia wanted to cry, her four sons and daughter were so confused. She had confided in her husband about a little bit of her past but nowhere near everything.

Secrets, secrets, secrets.

They would drown her.

But right now she had bigger things to worry about, like the person who was shooting at them while she tried to drive away. And she managed, she didn't answer anyone's questions though.

Not when she finally made it away from the gunmen

Not when she rushed them all onto a private jet. She left to the bedroom, locking herself in there while leaving the others to stew in their thoughts, not having a single clue about what was happening.

And not when they landed in the place she had run from years ago.

"Where are we?" Matteo, her third born asks.

"Welcome to Italy," Delia spoke for the first time in hours, for the first time since leaving their small town in the middle of nowhere, where she thought she was safe.

Delia knew she wouldn't go unnoticed in Italy, she would be seen by the man she had previously been hiding from. She would be seen by the father of her children. He had eyes everywhere here, the news of her being here would be travelling within the hour and it was best she showed up before letting him find out through the whispers.

Angelo Di Vittorio wouldn't hurt her, she knew it.

He would be angry at her, and he would be upset and betrayed but Angelo would never lay a hand on someone who didn't deserve it.

But she did deserve it

Delia called for a taxi and the seven of them managed to squeeze in.

"Dove andare signora?" Where to ma'am.

"La Tenuta Di Vittorio, per favore." The Di Vittorio estate, please.

The man looked at Delia a little fearful but nodded once, and drove to where she had asked not once making small talk and keeping his head straight.

+

"Mom?" Martino asked, a hint of panic in his tone. 'What was going on?'. He had never seen his mother like this before, none of the boys had and neither had their step-sister. She looked so different from the kind loving mother they had grown up with, she looked so strong, like she had dealt with people trying to kill them before.

Delia's eyes scanned her son's. She had tried so hard to get them away from this lifestyle. To give them a normal childhood where they wouldn't have been raised to know how to fight and shoot and at a very young age, where they wouldn't have to watch for danger at every turn. She had got them out but the past was catching up to her, something she couldn't control.

And her kids didn't know how to protect themselves

She took in her husband, the only person she had told a little bit about her past before she had moved to a small town with four young boys, mourning the daughter she had lost. She hadn't even told him very much, just the very basics. Her ex-husband was involved in dangerous things and she needed her children safe, she hadn't even told him about the daughter she had sacrificed to save four out of her five children.

Livia, none of them knew about her little Livia. None of her boys remembered her and she thought it was for the best growing up, if they didn't know about her then they wouldn't go looking for her, and then they wouldn't get involved in the life she had struggled to get them out of.

They were going to find out about her now, after all, there was only one person who could look after her children and that was their father, and that's why she stood surrounded by guards on the property where she had visited many times growing up, the place she was married for the first time and in the house, she delivered every one of her five children.

"Signora Castillo." This was someone Delia recognised straight away, Massimo Di Vitorio. Her ex-husband's brother and her children's uncle. "And the prodigal daughter has returned."

Massimo's voice was coated in a thick Italian accent, he looked like he would rather be speaking his first language but had a feeling no one other than Delia spoke the language.

"Massimo." Delia greets. "Ho bisogno di parlare con Angelo." I need to talk to Angelo.

"The Capo has been looking for you, Delia." Massimo nods to her. "It's about time you brought his figli home." Sons

Livia is making her first proper appearance next chapter and I cannot wait for you guys to meet her

Livia is making her first proper appearance next chapter and I cannot wait for you guys to meet her. She is by far my most outspoken main character and will not stand for nonsense.

So what do you think about Delia? Positive or negative thoughts?

The boys are totally lost but you will also catch a glimpse into their thoughts in the coming chapters.

Please vote and comment and I will see you next chapter

Happy reading

Ara <3