Nineteen

Nikolai Dimitri Leonov

Time with the Di Vittorio cousins was always chaotic, all three of them were so different it was honestly terrifying. You had Livia, the hothead who would get into a fight with anyone at the snap of your fingers, Adelina, the terrifying one who was quiet and calculative but most definitely the most lethal heir in Europe and then we had Camilla, the motherly one who bossed both heirs around, she didn't have a deadly bone in her body like both of her cousins yet they both bowed to her every will with just a single threat.

Somehow the lot of us had ended up at the edge of the water surrounding the Di Vittorio property, none of us had had a lick of alcohol but we were all drunk off excitement and exhaustion. It was late, well past midnight and we had no plans of heading in just yet.

I turned my head when Livia shrieked enthusiastically when Sebastian kicked water from the tide at her. She turned to Camilla and pulled her in front of her to use as a human shield much to the oldest Di Vittorio's protest. When they tried to pull Adelina in she quickly walked away heading in the direction where Zion and I were sitting. Vincenzo and Erik had stayed at the club since they had been chatting up girls all evening and had no plans to stop so it was only the six of us left.

"You don't want to get wet, Princess?" Zion teased the Princess of England whose facial expression said it all.

"Yeah, not a chance." Her thick Londoners accent came out strong, she pulled herself to sit on the large rock we had set up blankets. She opened a can of coke, drinking a sip before she looked at me accusingly. I instantly became wary, I enjoyed pissing people off, it was a fun hobby but Adelina Albrecht was not one of those people I would take my chances with, there was a very slim chance I would walk out alive after angering her. "So what games are you and my dear cousin playing?"

"I'm not playing any games, Lina." She quirked an eyebrow as she looked at me in disbelief.

"Yeah and I'm an idiot." She scoffed sarcastically. "You guys are always playing games, always have and always will, the only difference now is you're in love with her."

I choke on my drink, Zion reaches out to pat my back, but he knows better than to interrupt so he stays silent and observes instead.

"I'm not in love with her," I state as firmly as I could but Adelina rolls her eyes.

"You've been in love with her for years, I don't know why Liv is oblivious to it, especially for someone who has as much training as she does but it's one of her faults. Everyone has realised it." I turn to my best friend who shrugs.

"She has a point, we've all known for ages," Zion says easily, laying back on the rock and looking up at the stars to avoid looking at me. "Sebastian has been running a betting system, He already has thousands of dollars in the pool with everyone who's in it."

"You guys are betting on us?" My voice comes out gruffer than I intended, but I was in shock. "Seriously?"

"You weren't meant to tell him about that." Adelina sighs in annoyance at Zion, who only shrugs, not moving from his spot. "What I'm trying to say, Leonov, is break her heart and I will make a wind chime out of your bones and hang them next to your grave, and that is just the start of it."