Thirty-Five

Livia Ximena Di Vittorio

"When I said I want to know my cousins I didn't mean let them show up at my place with you at three in the morning, Livia." Ricardo scolds quietly so Romeo who is standing a bit away from us can't hear I just shrug and grin innocently at my older cousin and it seems to work as his glare softens but he still glowers at me. "Is it honestly the best thing to bring him here while we discuss the situation?"

"Romeo isn't a part of that, I can tell you that now Rico," I promise, fully believing he wasn't a part of his mother's or brother's schemes. "Besides we aren't talking about that right now, I want to hold off on it for now."

"Livia, I love you so much and I trust your judgement more than I would any other human but don't forget this doesn't affect only you but me as well." Rico was staring at me with his infamous older brother look I had received a lot during my childhood when I inevitably messed up and instead of calling an adult who I would get in trouble with I called my older cousin to come bail me out of wherever I was.

"I know, I know." My eyes shift over to watch Romeo once again; we were talking in Italian again so there was no way he knew what we were saying, I switch back to English before speaking to him. "Hey Rome, why don't I show you to one of the guest rooms so maybe you can have a shower or something while Ricardo and I start working? I'm sure Rico wouldn't mind lending you some clothes."

The pointed stare I give Ricardo has him moving but not before returning my look with an eye roll and a murmured comment about how bossy I was, Ricardo does what I say and shows Romeo to a guest room and gives him clothes. The room is done nicely but bare, the only person that Ricardo let stay over here is me and my room is up on the next floor by his, the whole floor in between the living room and kitchen and the bedrooms was never used. The staircase up to the third floor was hidden behind a locked door that Romeo didn't have access to, and even though I did trust Romeo I was never one to take risks, especially with the information that was kept in the safety of Ricardo's office and bedroom.

"We'll be in Rico's office, Rome. You have your phone on you?" He nods to my question. "If you need me then just message, or you can press the button on the intercom by the door and it will alert us."

"I'll be fine, Liv." Romeo draws, with a sarcastic roll of his eyes and a smile teasing his lips.

"Yeah, I know," I reply back, I knew that and I wanted him to know that. "But you haven't been here before so it's better to cover all bases. The TV works and I've already connected you to the guest Wi-Fi."

"Yeah about that, isn't it a bit excessive to have a guest Wi-Fi, especially when you've mentioned how Ricardo barely has anyone over here?"

"It's a safety precaution, people can hack into your Wi-Fi and basically control your life you know."

Romeo shakes his head in disbelief. "You and I grew up worlds apart didn't we."

"We sure did, I'm just glad you found your way to mine because honestly, I don't think I would have ever fitted into normal society." I shrug, walking out the door. "Way too boring, what's life without a little violence and a lot of excitement."