Twenty-One

Romeo Gianni Di Vittorio

"Up and at it, people."

I never thought I would make it to the day I loathe to hear my sister's voice, but of course, there is a first time for everything. For some reason, the blonde woke us up just as the sun was coming up, not letting us sleep in like we had been doing for the days we had been here.

"This is a disgraceful hour to be awake at," Martino mumbles, the four of us stumbling after her quick pace. How does someone almost a foot shorter than us walk that fast?

"I agree, but unfortunately for you guys, we have a very long week ahead of us." before we ask her what she was talking about she pushes open the doors to the dining room and all of us fall silent, several young adults I have never seen in my life were scattered around the table, all chatting in different languages yet they all understood one another like they didn't even realise they were doing it. "I'd like for you guys to meet a couple of the people I grew up with."

Livia leads us right to the table and motions for us to take a seat. Luciano, Allegra and Vincenzo were all missing. Their places were taken by strangers.

"Well, you guys know Nikolai." She motions to the Russian who even though he had been here a couple of days, I hadn't really interacted with due to the fact that he and Livia never seemed to be around. "These are our cousins from dad's side. This is Camilla. She's Uncle Massimo's oldest daughter, the middle child of three. And this is Adelina. She lives with her dad in England so we don't see her much. Her mother was Aunt Carla, who isn't alive anymore."

None of the girls had the same characteristics, Livia had blonde hair, Adelina had black and Camilla was a brunette, they all had different eye colour shades and even different skin tones, Adelina was the palest of the three, probably because of the climate she lives in, and Camilla had a bronzer skin tone than the others, yet they looked so similar. Their faces just showed they were related, and what struck me the most was I could see resemblances between my brothers and even myself. It was easier to detach myself from this situation when I couldn't tell if I was part of this family, but I could see it now.

Camilla was grinning warmly at us, but Adelina was just studying us. There wasn't much expression on her face. Strangely, I found her face familiar, but I couldn't place it.

"It's nice to meet you guys." Martino grins at the three. Dante echoed similar sentiments, but more reluctantly. Matteo nods his head and I follow suit, mumbling a greeting.

"And then this is Sebastian. He's a friend of mine. He lives in Spain." She nods to a very built man. He had an intimidating air around him but that somehow worked with the very large and confident grin he had on his face. He mock salutes at us in greeting. The last man wasn't as big or tall as the first man or Nikolai, but you could tell by his presence he is not someone you want to mess with. "And this is Zion. He lives in Germany."