Fifteen

Matteo Salvatore Di Vittorio

Mom was in a mood, in all honesty, she had been in a mood since we had arrived here but we hadn't seen her much. She stayed with Bruce and Hayley trailing after them. I was honestly just trying to stay out of her way so I wasn't subjected to her wrath.

I had never seen this side of mom, she had always been a little secretive about her past and what she was doing often for work but I would have never guessed she was hiding this. I had also never seen her act so callus, she was blatantly disrespecting Angelo and his wife Carina as well as her very own daughter.

Livia never once looked offended by it though, she just rolled her eyes and moved on with her life. Dante thought it was a little bit disrespectful, but he had always been a momma's boy, always helping her and with her so, of course, he would think that. Martino, Romeo and I thought she was right to be able to do that, hold firm on her boundaries and not take the blatant insolence mom had been giving her for as long as we had been here.

"What's up with her?" Romeo asks, watching our mother stomp around the room where we were before just leaving and heading to who knows where, Romeo didn't look like he cared though. Here it didn't affect us as much as it would have living in her house.

"Who knows?" I mutter.

"No one ever knows." My twin comments.

Dante glares at the two of us. "Cut it out you guys, she's been through a lot this week."

"We've all been through a lot this week and none of us are whining like she has been," Romeo argues back. "I'd say we've been through more than she has, at least she knew about all of this."

"But you don't have to confront all the ghosts of your past."

"Oh please, she made this mess. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. It's the most basic law of physics, it was bound to happen eventually." I mutter.

"Nerd." Romeo teases. "Of course, you would bring education into something like this." I lean over and try to slap the back of his head but after years of sports, he was too fast for me to get a hit in.

"Enough you two." Dante scowls at us.

"Since when have you turned into such a buzzkill?" Martino confronts our older brother, looking entirely confused. We had never seen Dante act like this. Sure he had always thought he was better than us to some degree but that was his right as the oldest. And defending mom even though she was undoubtedly in the wrong isn't like him at all. Dante rolls his eyes.

We tried to get back into the conversation and lighthearted teasing we had been doing but there was a prominent damper in the mood.

"I will shoot you." All four of our heads snap in the direction we hear our sister. I don't know why but as much as we tried to hide it we all were enamoured with Livia. I think we had always kind of felt someone was missing in our family and now I think we found out what it was.