Ten

Livia Ximena Di Vittorio

Dad had organised a ride for tonight. It was only four of us going, Dad, Delia, her husband Bruce and I. Originally it was only going to be the three of us but it was decided that it would be better for him to tag along. Whether that was the best idea or a nightmare is still soon to be decided.

I snickered as another text came through from Sebastian, rolling my eyes at his words. The idiot was one of my best friends but I hadn't seen him in person in a while.

Growing up I was placed with a group by my father along with his friends' children, there were four of us, two I got along really well with, the other not so much. We all came from similar backgrounds, with the same expectations of us.

Sebastian Ramos, the heir to the Spanish Mafia, oldest of two boys and honestly the funniest mafia heir you would ever meet. Not that you would know that unless you knew him very well. He kept his emotions under lock and key and until it was safe to let them loose his personality was the complete opposite of what he normally was like. If he was born into another life he would have been an incredible actor with how well he can switch up his personalities.

Zion Asprenus was also an heir in a similar field but unlike the rest of us wasn't part of a mafia. His family ran a mercenary firm, they hired out guys to do the work no one else wanted or could do, they knew how to do everything and did it easily at that. Zion was easily the best fighter among us, a deadly one at that and he knew how to take out almost anyone. He was also very smart, and that along with his looks made him a very well-rounded guy.

And the last member of our original group was none other than Nikolai Leonov, the idiot who I had never once gotten along with. But we have shared the same friends since we were babies so hanging out would be inevitable.

"Dad, can Zi and Seb come over sometime next week since Kai will be down?" Hanging out with Zion and Sebastian beats Nikolai any day.

"He isn't coming down for pleasure, Liv." My father reminds me. "But if the others do want to come down for a couple of days then it's fine with me, as long as it's okay with their parents."

I grin happily at him, this was the best news I had gotten all week. Time with my friends is exactly what I need, time with friends I can tell what is transpiring around me, stuff I wish I could tell Genevieve and Esme but I can't.

My grandparents' manor wasn't far from ours, it was only a twenty-minute drive until we were pulling up to the tremendous wrought iron gates. I could feel the nervousness emitting in waves off of Delia. I had always been good at telling what other people were feeling, and understanding their emotions in a way that I was able to feel them myself.

Delia's breath hitched as we approached her childhood home, grasping Bruce's hand in an ironclad grip. When the car pulled to a stop I was first out of the car walking up the staircase without any hesitation.