Nine

Livia Ximena Di Vittorio

If I thought I was stressed before it was nothing compared to right now. Everything felt like everything was happening all at once, my world was spinning out of control right now and I didn't know how to slow it down never mind completely stop it.

"Are you okay?" I looked up over the glass of water I had been drinking to see Martino, I hadn't seen any of them since I got back home a couple of hours ago but that was mainly my fault, I had been doing damage control from my room, a space that was off limits to them.

I fake a calm face, one that looked like I honestly was fine and wasn't drowning in a mountain of problems. "I'm good, and you?"

"You don't look okay, in fact, you need to sleep for the next few weeks." His brows were furrowed together and he looked like he was trying to study me, when he failed his frown deepened.

"I wish." I scoff, it sounded so appealing but it would only transpire in my daydreams since I wasn't getting any real sleep or when I'm dead. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. How was your first day on the estate?"

"You know, just because we just found out about you and met you doesn't mean we don't care, right." He asks worriedly. "We are just adjusting, we need to get used to the thought of you. None of us dislike you or anything if you were wondering. Sorry, we haven't been so nice and accepting."

I watched in amusement at his rambling, he was exactly like Luciano. I pull myself onto the counter to sit and listen to him talk for a little bit. And when he pauses to take a breath he realises how long he has been speaking and his face flushes just like Luc's does.

"Sorry, I tend to ramble a bit."

He genuinely looked embarrassed but all I could do was smile at him. "I have lived with Luc for thirteen years, he hasn't shut up a day in his life since he started speaking. I don't mind at all."

A genuine grin lifted onto Martino's face when I mentioned Luc. "He seems sweet. Very competitive though, we played a couple of video games with him earlier."

"That is the product of having three older siblings, or mainly Enzo, me and some of our family friends. Allegra tends to keep to herself. But we all had Luc training super hard to try and hold his own with us, if we did something he always wanted to be there he got competitive to try and prove himself worthy."

"Ah, so the classic bully the baby?" he assumes but I shake my head.

"No, we never bullied him, per day, but we weren't easy on him. Or we weren't easy on ourselves, my friends and I are competitive with one another but if Luc wanted to compete he couldn't be a baby about it and had to work hard."

I think back to those days, life seemed so much easier. We spent our days fighting each other and going paintballing. It was competition after competition all for measly prizes that were amazing to our younger selves.