Two

Livia Ximena Di Vittorio

It had been my dad and me for the first few years of my life. Just the two of us, I don't remember much of it but he had always been the best dad, he was there for everything I needed and put me before his very demanding job every single time.

When I was three he met this wonderful woman, and even when he thought he couldn't get over the heartbreak of my mother he fell in love with Carina Marzon. They married a year later when I was four.

Carina had two kids before she met my father from a very abusive man, she had Vincenzo who was two years older than me and Allegra who was two years younger than me. I loved having siblings, I had heard stories of my brothers who had been taken and now I got to experience something similar.

When I thought nothing could get better, I had a mother and I had a brother and a sister. Carina fell pregnant and when I was five my little brother came into this world. Luciano Di Vittorio was the last member and the baby of our family.

Life felt like a dream after that, my father had adopted my siblings and Carina adopted me. We all went to school together and had so much fun.

Of course, being my father's oldest biological child in his care I was meant to follow in his footsteps and take over his Mafia but that was in my blood. I had known about the mafia from when I was a child, I had never been shielded away from the chaos of that lifestyle. In fact, I loved it.

I am the boss, the future Donna of the Italian Mafia.

Despite our new family, my father made sure to tell us, me, especially about my older brothers. Dante, Martino, Matteo and Romeo.

I don't remember them, I was only a year old when they were taken away by my mother. For a long time, I was upset that she had taken them and not me, even though I knew she had meant to but when I got older I was thankful she never had the chance to take me. I loved my childhood, I thrived off this life.

And I think if I had been taken as well my father wouldn't have made it, as I got older my father told me about the depression he had experienced from losing four of his children as well as the wife he had been in love with all at once. And not in so many words had he mentioned how I was the only thing keeping him going until he met Carina, Vincenzo and Allegra.

Due to my father being a single parent for a while he and I were very close, and even when everything changed he made sure to keep up that bond with me, he was my father and he made sure to know I was right at the top of his priority list and that he hadn't replaced me.

I knew that, but it was the right thing to tell me, especially when the little voice in my head started developing.

But throughout the years the story of my brothers had become a fairytale, even though my father had always looked for them they had never been at the front of my mind, maybe a passing thought to look out for my dad on one of their birthdays.