Twenty-Six

Romeo Gianni Di Vittorio

"Where's Livia?" Martino asks, she hadn't been here all day, we had thought she would show up, but she hadn't. We had also been told that Adelina had left, so we had been training all day with Nikolai, Sebastian and Zion. They were cool, but I enjoyed hanging out with my little sister, she was enjoyable to hang out with.

"In meetings," Nikolai answers tersely. He looked stressed as much as he was trying to hide it but I had always been good at reading people. I had never used that skill as much as I had in the past few weeks.

"You sure she's not dipping out of training us? After all, she disappeared yesterday. She seems to slack on her responsibilities." Dante mutters, and Nikolai's eyes fall on my oldest brother. He wasn't giving the fiery glares I saw him give my sister. Instead, this one was an ice-cold, stoic gaze I was sure was making everyone in the room uncomfortable.

"If I were you I'd watch how you talk about Livia in her home territory. You might be Angelo's sons, but you still are the sons of a traitor. I'm sure Angelo won't take kindly to you insulting his heir, whether or not you are his son. Livia's patience is paper thin with you, so I would watch yourself."

"Is that a threat?" I stared incredulously at Dante. I don't know when he had become so bold, but he was looking less and less like the brother I had grown up with and depended on and more of a stranger than Livia was.

"Remember whose turf you're on," Nikolai muttered, the warning clear in his tone. "If you weren't standing on Italian soil, then you would come to find out exactly why I'm an heir as well. But unlike you, I respect your sister far too much to disrespect her on her grounds."

"Wait, you guys bicker like cats and dogs and you're saying you respect her?" Martino probably shouldn't have spoken, but his mouth got the better of him most of the time. And once he had questions, he couldn't keep them to himself. But fortunately for my brothers, the question seemed to relax the Russian heir. Seeing him calm down released a bit of the tension in my body. I didn't know what this man was capable of, but I wasn't naïve, and even though I held respect for my sister and her friends, there wasn't much I wouldn't do to protect my brothers.

"My relationship with your sister is complicated and no one will understand it but us," Nikolai answers. "But one thing is for certain is that I respect and trust Livia with everything in me. So saying that if any of you cross her, I will be right by her side as she destroys you."

Silence followed Nikolai's answer. None of us had any more to say. Dante looked like his tail was stuck between his legs, and not even Martino was brave enough to ask more questions. Sebastian stood on the side looking like he was enjoying the show and Zion was on his phone, not looking remotely interested in what had happened.

The silence was broken by the doors to the gym swinging open. There my little sister stood dressed like normal in black leggings and a t-shirt, but over her outfit was a black leather jacket which looked awesome. Just by looking at it, though, I could tell it was something I would never be able to afford.