Eleven

Livia Ximena Di Vittorio

"Livy." A hand strokes my back, I register the touch as my fathers so I don't panic at it, I instead choose to ignore it choosing the more appealing option of sleeping.

I was so sleepy.

"Come on, baby, we need to go home." he coaxes but the idea does not sound appealing.

"No thank you." I declined his offer, keeping my eyes closed.

"The Leonov's are going to be at our place in a couple of hours and you need to be there for it."

"No thank you," I repeat. "Kai can go back to where he came from and leave me alone."

After a bit more dad finally got me up but I was not happy. My mouth never moved from the pout it was set in. I knew I was acting bratty but I was sure I was due for a free pass after all the things I had gone through in the past few days.

We all piled back into the car we had arrived in, Dad and I sitting face forward while Delia and Bruce sat with their backs to the road opposite us. I lay my head down in Dad's lap, closing my eyes and trying to get more sleep but it was impossible.

Grouchily I sat up properly and grabbed my phone running through the notifications I had missed during my power nap. My eyes take a second to adjust to the light from my phone but when I see the top notifications my mood picks up instantly.

"Mom and Allie are back home?" I turn to my dad, waiting for him to confirm.

"I thought you knew they were returning today?"

"If I knew what day of the week it was I would probably know they were going to be back today." I shrug, my sleep brain fog was clearing as I got excited. I hadn't seen mom and Allie in a couple of weeks and I had missed them, mom had a conference in America and Allegra had taken the chance to miss school for a bit.

I knew they were at home by the extra guards by the gate, we always had a ratio of guards according to the number of people home so as we arrived I didn't waste too long getting out of the car, but I still waited for everyone else to get out of the car, impatiently but I waited nonetheless.

I push open our large front door.

"Livy." Is all I hear before the body of my little sister crashes into me, I return the hug just as tight to the shorter brunette.

"Hey Alls."

"I missed you." She mumbles into my shoulder and I can hear the frown in her voice. "Mom made me put my book away and socialise like I got out of school for the sole reason that I wouldn't have to interact with anyone."

I can't help the smile that grows on my face, Allegra would be happy if she had a room full of unlimited books where she could stay by herself for eternity.