Seventeen

Surprise!!!!

Livia Ximena Di Vittorio

After the week I had been through I was kind of looking forward to having the night off. Dad had always made sure I had one full day off during the week because of how things always came up on the weekends as much as we loathed it and I had one night off normally on the weekends when I could go out with my friends and just enjoy my youth.

I was particularly looking forward to tonight as a couple of my friends had flown in for the next couple of days.

I stared at my outfit, it had taken me a while to choose something, after all, it had to fit a lot of different criteria. I had to blend in with the nightlife, drawing attention to myself was not something I needed, I had to be able to move in it as I would probably be getting up to a lot of nonsense tonight and I didn't want to flash anyone if I wore one of my signature mini skirts, Nikolai had also mentioned something about taking out the bikes so I had to pair it with a bike jacket.

I finally settled for a pair of light-wash jeans along with a black tank top and a leather jacket. It wasn't cold since we were in the months leading up to summer but it was windy, especially if we were taking the bikes. I headed out of my room once I was satisfied with my appearance.

"Where are you going? Can I come? Who are you going with?" My little brother threw a series of questions at me one after another

"Where are you going? Can I come? Who are you going with?" My little brother threw a series of questions at me one after another. I watched him until he finished, waited until he had taken a deep breath and then I answered him. He was sitting with the rest of the brothers, the five of them had taken to sitting in the big lounge where we had the big tv and a great sound system to play their games. I don't think they did it all the time but you found the group of them there most evenings.

"I'm not sure where we are going yet, probably to La Fiamma. No, you can't come. And I'm going with Kai, Vincenzo, Zion, Sebastian, and Erik I think."

"Zion and Seb are in town?" His excitement never fails to amuse me. "Please can I come?" he begs.

"You can't go to a nightclub, Luca, you're thirteen." I shake my head.

"First of all I'm almost fourteen, second I'm pretty sure you went to La Fiamma at thirteen."

"Yes, in the daytime to help with paperwork. There aren't many things that dad has rules for but that is one of them. I don't want to be in trouble, the boys will be here tonight, wait, don't try and stay up, we'll see you in the morning." He pouts, he wouldn't have gotten his way and he knew it but like I was he was a little bit of a spoiled brat and wasn't used to not getting anything he wanted. "We have a lot to do tomorrow so you can help us, it'll be fun."

That perks him up even though he has no idea what we'll be doing. But I do and I know it will be fun, well for me.

"I'll see you guys later." I wave to my brothers and head out of the door that led to the garage. Vincenzo and Nikolai both stood by their bikes conversing with each other. I head to the back where mine was and grab my helmet and hop on my bike feeling it purr under me as it comes to life.

"Ready to go, Princess?" Nikolai asks, taunting me with that awful nickname.

"Yes." I couldn't help the excitement and anticipation filling me. I was looking forward to tonight. The streets were almost deserted as they always were in this area, we lived pretty far from civilization up on a cliff with the ocean on the other side so it was always peaceful. The three of us rode with little hesitation just enjoying the clear sky. We moved in closer to one another though as we entered a busier part of the city that was bustling with nightlife.

When we were approaching the club we drove behind the building to the back of the club. Already knowing who we were we were let through the gate that was prohibited for intruders and parked our bikes alongside three others.

There were a lot of perks to being my father's daughter and one of which was undoubtedly the treatment I got at his club, a club I was going to inherit sometime in the future.

The music could be heard the second we opened the door, the soundproofing made sure the noise didn't escape onto the street and thank goodness for that because, at the volume inside here, we were bound to have multiple complaints a night.

A hand was placed on my back and I didn't even have to turn around to know it was Nikolai's. I didn't even react as we tried to make our way through the crowd. It was unusually busy for a Sunday night but I guess it was mainly tourists and businessmen who wanted to deal with them. There was minimal light, most of it being bright led lights that had me keeping my eyes faced downwards and maybe that's why I bumped into someone.

"Excuse me" A rough Italian accent reached my ears, glancing up I found a tall man looking down at me. He had tan skin like most of the people in the country, and brunette curls perfectly styled that reached down his forehead. His eyes were a couple of shades lighter than his hair but still a bright amber colour. I hadn't met him before but for some reason he lit up a vague sense of recognition in me, a recognition I couldn't place. That fact had me studying him for a split second longer. "I'm sorry for bumping into you, Bella." Beautiful

"Va bene." I nod and move past him. It's okay.

"Bella?" Nikolai scoffs. "That's the most obnoxious pet name you can give someone you just met, especially coming from an Italian."

He was right, it was known not to trust a man that called you Bella, they were mainly known playboys but I couldn't miss the opportunity to play with Nikolai a little bit.

"Am I not beautiful, Bello?" Handsome I tease, leaning closer to him so my voice was just a whisper across his cheek. I step back with a laugh and make my way to the stairs that led up to the VIP section. It took a couple of seconds for Nikolai to rejoin me and I could feel the weight of his gaze, somehow it was even heavier than it normally was.

Okay I truly wasn't going to post until next week Monday but I was so excited for this chapter and paired with I'll do anything to avoid doing school I wrote this all today

I love this chapter, and it's building up to bigger things, there are so many plot holes I need to fill I don't think you guys have even noticed but it all ties together. Who do you think the guy is and do you think he'll play a bigger part in the story?

Truly though I will see you on Monday

Please vote and comment to let me know you thoughts and possible predictions

Happy reading

Ara<3