Eighteen

Livia Ximena Di Vittorio

Playing that game with Nikolai isn't something I should be doing right now or ever. It was a line I should never even think of crossing, it would be detrimental to both of us and maybe that's why I snuck away so quickly from his reach.

Or maybe I was just a coward.

Either way, I left at the first opportunity, the guards at the bottom of the stairs didn't even blink when I walked past them without a single glance, being polite wasn't on my mind at the moment, the only thing that was, was getting the heck away from the blue-eyed man.

Upstairs was an open area just as it was downstairs, this was the VIP space, it was the same idea as downstairs just more exclusive. But I didn't stop to mingle with the rich and famous who could afford to be here, instead I headed to the only room on the floor beside the bathrooms. Typing in a pin I was let into the room and in the dark, I could make out five figures, Vincenzo had made it up ahead of us so he counted as one, Zion and Sebastian counted as another two, and Erik, Seb's second in command counted as the fourth.

But there wasn't supposed to be a fifth.

"Lina!"

My cousin comes around and hugs me, I hadn't seen her in months and I had missed her tremendously, but her like I had so much work once we reached eighteen and it never slowed down.

"Hi, Livy." She smiled at me with a small smile, Adelina always looked regal, long shiny black hair went all the way to her but, she had sharp facial features that gave her an intimidating look, and her eyes which were a striking blue-green colour only added to her appeal. Adelina was dressed more casually than the rest of us, just in a hoodie and jeans with a pair of boots. It helped with her image, if she was ever caught here no one would think a princess was dressed like that and they would assume it was photoshop. Having two titles instead of one like I had made it immeasurably more difficult for her to have normal teenage experiences but with the right amount of effort from her and her friends, she always managed to.

"Not that I'm not ecstatic you're here, but what are you doing here?" I hadn't mentioned anything to her yet about my brothers, not that I didn't trust her but because I hadn't even thought about it but Adelina was the best of the best out of all the heirs, it wasn't shocking at all that she knew without me telling her.

"To see my cousins of course." She says like I was an idiot.

"And how did you find out about that?" I enquire, before backtracking. "Wait, don't answer that, I don't want to know who you asked and what you did to find out that information."

"No one special, Camilla mentioned it. Oh, by the way, she's joining us tonight." Camilla, the third person in our cousin trio. We were all born within two months of each other, Camilla three weeks older than me and Adelina five weeks younger. It made for the best family gatherings growing up. Camilla probably found out from my Uncle Massimo, her dad, who had been the one to find mom and them in the first place.