Three

Livia Ximena Di Vittorio

I had never been a big fan of silences, I normally filled them with my endless chattering as a kid but I had since toned it down. But right now all three boys stared at me in silence, the other three people in the room not making a sound either.

"That man is our biological father?" This is the first question I was asked, by Dante, my oldest brother who is older than me by three years. He looks the most like his mother, with dark brown hair and dark brown hair, a tan complexion to match the rest of our families.

"Yes," I confirmed what Delia had started telling them but probably never got the chance to finish.

"And he's your father too?" Martino asks next, he had black hair like dad but brown eyes like his mother, twin and older brother. Matteo, his twin, had all the same features, just brown hair a couple shades lighter than black.

"So you're our half-sister?" Romeo asks, I could see the way his mind was whirling. They were thinking I was the product of an affair or something that made his mother run out with all of them. With my light hair colour, I looked nothing like Delia.

Thank goodness.

Romeo was a splitting image of dad, he even had mastered dad's signature resting bitch face. The only thing different was instead of a forest green eye Romeo had a darker hazel but not as amber as his brothers.

"No." I shook my head and they looked even more confused. "Biologically I am your full sister."

Their eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their skull, and so did Hayley, their step-sisters. Bruce had it figured out already but I think it was hard for him to hear out loud.

"H-how?" Matteo asks.

"I assume you know how children are made at your age, Matteo. And if you don't, it is not my place to inform you." I lean back on the counter. "Now I need to take you back to the house, if there is someone after you then you will be safest there."

I led them to one of the cars that we still had here, even though it was a tight squeeze. I drove out the gate and once again I had a few minutes of silence before one of them spoke again.

"So your father remarried?" Delia's eyes bore into me, I don't get the double standards, she was married, and had a stepdaughter she treated as her own. She would have never come back if it wasn't for their safety so she gets annoyed.

I lift my sunglasses off my face and onto my head as I look her in the eyes through the mirror. "Did you not remarry?"

"Yes...but."

"But?" I urge, well there goes my promise to dad about not running my mouth.

"I cannot believe your father must have told you a whole lot of lies about me to make you turn against me." She deflects going red in the face and changing the conversation.